Still don't really feel pregnant!

iVillage Member
Still don't really feel pregnant!
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 11:14am

I am almost through my 16th week, and I am measuring larger than normal too at 18 weeks, and I still don't really feel pregnant. Through the whole pregnancy so far I've been so lucky with next to no MS, no weird cravings and no real food aversions either. Now at this point the only thing reminding me I am pregnant is my bump and Dr appointments every 4 weeks and hearing the HB. I thought since I am so small I would feel super pregnat earlier than most but I feel so "normal" it's almost scary.My boobs are no longer sore too which doesn't help lol Anyone else still feel like themselves?

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 2:17pm
once you get closer to 20 or so weeks, you'll start to feel more pregnant. also, at around 18weeks, you'll start to feel movement and that gives a whole new sense of reality.
have you had any ultrasounds yet? seeing the face of that baby would definitely make things sink in a little bit!
that being said, i'm 24 weeks, had all of those things take place, feeling pregnant, and it's all still a bit surreal. i've started gathering nursery gear and it still hits me sometimes that i'm actually going to end up with a baby!!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 9:48pm
I agree with Diane that it's weird in the beginning. I'm finally starting to feel pg at 19 weeks.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 2:39pm

Don't worry if you don't feel pregnant in the 2nd trimester. It is one of the easiest trimesters to go through because your body is used to the hormones, you don't feel like you weight as much as an elephant like in the end the the third trimester, and you actually have energy. I say enjoy it. Even though I am in my 8th month I still am in awe that there is actually a little person inside there and not just me getting fat from eating too much. Once you start to feel the kicking, punching, twisting, turning, and your LO starts running out for room, you will start to feel more pregnant for sure. Once I got out of the flu-like state of my first trimester, I did not start to really feel pregnant again until 28 weeks because that is when the heartburn, backaches, and generally being uncomfortable feelings set in.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 3:41pm
you got to wait until 28 weeks before heartburn? lucky you! i'm 24 weeks and have been dealing with it for a month or so. argh! tums at home, tums in my purse.... i have plenty of pillows on my bed so i can prop myself up into a partial sitting position when it kicks in at night...

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 2:15pm

Well I know why I don't feel as pregnant as I thought I would feel. I am not as far as we thought. After having an urgent U/S friday the baby is measuring at almost 15 weeks. So tomorrow I will be at 15 weeks. Not 17 like we thought. My LMP is correct at June 4th which makes tomorrow 17 weeks but that isn't how far along I actually am. Slightly dissapointing, but o well, I am just glad baby is perfectly normal!! :smileyhappy: I just don't understand how at my last checkup the Dr said I measured at 18 weeks, which really makes me measuring HUGE for where I am at.....???

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 2:19pm
weird. I always think it's weird when they switch around the due date, but it happens a lot I think. Hopefully when you get a little further and start feeling those kicks it will be a little more reassuring. I feel better now that I can feel the baby moving and know that something is happening in there!

Photobucket