October Goals

iVillage Member
October Goals
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 11:52am

Hello again DSG! Another month is coming to a close. How did your September go? As well as you had planned?

Share your October Goals with us, so we can encourage and cheer you on!

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 7:59pm

bump!

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-28-2012 - 7:10pm

bump.

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 3:26pm

New here, not new to debt:smileyhappy:  This looked like a good place to introduce myself.  I'm a SAHM married to DH for 14 years, in the process of selling our home and we are renting (rent goes toward purchase price, we can decide in 3 years if we want to buy or not) from my ILs.  We don't have credit cards anymore.

Oct. goals

Empty out old house completely and get on market as a fixer upper-get it sold

Pay off hospital bills $400, $100, $75

Put $250 towards EF

Put $250 towards short term savings

Put $400 towards Dec. vacation

Stay within $250 halloween budget-decoraitons, candy, costumes, activities

Buy rest of DS's holiday gifts (reserve $100 for any last minute shopping for him)

Buy 2 rolls of stamps for the2  great-grandma holiday gifts

Stay within $350 clothing budget for DS

Stick to food budget $150 week and household $30

Heather

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 6:50pm

We are about mid-way through October so I thought I'd better take another look at my goals!

October goals:

• Pay $750 towards property taxes. Yet to do but I really do not have a choice. I should be able to do this before Oct. 30.
  • Pay a medical bill I just received (about $250). Paid!
  • Pay all other bills on time. So far, so good :0.
  • $300 into savings. Done.
  • No additional debt. So far, so good with this as well but man am I tempted.

Anyone else want to share?

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 6:34pm

Hello All!

I am new here after a couple years away but I am excited to get some October goals underway! Woo-Hoo!!

We just filled up our oil tank and propane tank and have a good supply of firewood for the winter so we are in good shape there. I also paid some bills that I had falled a little behind on over the summer (NOT CC's, mind you).

October goals:

• Pay $750 towards property taxes.
  • Pay a medical bill I just received (about $250).
  • Pay all other bills on time.
  • $300 into savings.
  • No additional debt.

Wish me luck :smileywink:.

Didi

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 9:42am

Let's see... September...

September Goals:

1) Continue working on food spending.  I'm 99% sure I know what the problem is (snack food) and I need to start being more particular about what I buy and keep in the house.
~ Semi-successful here.  I overspent a little (about $20 for the month) but I kept it a lot closer than it's been.  We had plenty of snacks on hand so no need for extra trips. 

2) Start working out again.  August was not a good month for working out other than doing a lot of walking.  I was sick, my BP was still not well controlled and it just made it hard to get to the gym.  I need to change that this month.
~ Another semi-success.  The first half of the month went well but then I had wisdom teeth out and that finished me in terms of being able to workout.  Thinking I can get back into it tomorrow :smileyhappy: 

3) Start setting aside money for the holidays and start making lists of gifts, stocking stuffers and other decorating and projects so that way I'm not getting my butt kicked come November.
~ The lists are started, and I know what I'm spending; but we've been so busy trying to pay cards off that I haven't set aside money.  Given the large amount of money we have left out of DH's check after all the bills are paid, I think I can just pull large lumps of cash in November/December and be fine. 

October Goals
1) Pay off at least two cards.  Two of our cards are well within reach of payoff.  If I'm particularly careful with bills and spending, we can manage this with no problem.

2) Get ready for Halloween.  DD wants to be a mermaid so I'm going to grab her costume and I also need to get some cheap Halloween candy together as well as decorate the outside of the apartment :smileyhappy:

3) Start purchasing DH's Christmas presents to have ready to send next month. 

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 9:34am

Lets see how Sept went:

Sept 2012 Goals:

1. Planned a trip to see my parents. It is an 8 hour drive so we have to survive that. It shouldn't cost anything other than gas. Must meet all my ordering deadlines and prepare work for taking time away. Do things ahead of time.

Just got back. It was not too expensive,probably $250.

2. Maybe start lifting some weights and treadmill prep. Plan for eating better for October.I am just not ready yet!

I hope this goes well. It sure hasn't so far!

3. Get my new Mastercard set up to pay. We got a new credit card so we have a joint one with a better points system. I still have every intention of paying it off monthly. It will mostly be for groceries and gas to get the points. This way we won't have to write a check to a different bank it is the same one that the paycheck goes into. Pure convenience.

All set up to pay, I have done it a few times now. Very convenient! I'm not sure what my points are, I will check. I would like to purchase something household with the points that we have been needing to not have the points disappear per say.

4. Try not to worry about not snowflaking. Every regular payment we make brings our net worth up and our debt down. Be happy with living on one paycheck and making ends meet. Because that is ok for now.(still making retirement contributions)

Well my husband got a bonus and we did snowflake $1000! Doing just fine!

5. Prep for year end at the store, getting documents together and inventory. fun!

All ready, that happens tomorrow!

October 2012 goals:

1. Working a few days. Try to get things done around the store. Decide if I want to pay myself for a couple of days or  not?

2. Set up my daughter's RESP! I think I have the info now and the contribution money together when I want it and know how I want things to proceed. Just need to make the call. But I have to do it with my husband so finding time is always a challenge. She will have more money than us, rich little girl lol! 

3. Get on the treadmill for crying out loud! Eat less! Grocery Bill might be less. Eat of the pantry and freezer like Bex.

4. Start thinking about some simple home renos I want to do that don't cost a lot. 

I think that is good enough.

iVillage Member
In reply to: kac799
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 9:02am

Michele,

Your goal of learning one new recipe per week will really help you!  I really focused on this a few years ago..and the eating out pretty much stopped except for the occasional pizza or date night!  Good plan!!!

Heather

iVillage Member
In reply to: kac799
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 11:11pm

I'm sorry you are going through a rough patch, PB.  Hang in there... 

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 11:08pm

SEPTEMBER GOALS

1. Make a snowflake and report to DSG!

2. Make a new summer savings budget. (I get paid 10 months per year, so I have to save up money for the summer.)

I did both of these. However, since I ended up taking steps backwards in my debt repayment, the snowflake I made ($800) wasn't really a snowflake. I did make up the new summer budget, which also meant a new monthly budget.

OCTOBER GOALS

1. Stay sane. I really need it. I just broke up with galpal, because I saw that no matter how much we like each other, there are some unresolvable differences that will continue to drive us crazy. I'm hurting. We would be so good together except for this and that. And there is just no way, absolutely-no-squeakin'-way, to find some solution for this and that. I'm sad sad sad.

2. Get back to living frugally. I realized I got tired of that, and this summer, because of a combination of different things (health and personal crises, courses), I ended up going back to my old spending mode. Bad bad bad. I have to break this pattern.

3. Pray for better health? Supplicate the gods? Make sacrificial offerings? I'm getting frustrated. Two steps forward, one step back. The new treatment seems to be causing side effects that are no funn to have. And I hate paying the bills even more when the treatment isn't working so well.

4. Request forbearance on one of the personal loans. It makes more sense for me to try to pay back a higher interest loan than to tackle this one.

Pages