Grandma needs a zipper on her lips

iVillage Member
Grandma needs a zipper on her lips
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 1:24pm

So I live in CA as does my entire family except my bro who lives in TN. He and my grandma talk all the time. They are like two peas in a pod. 

This is my third baby but my first with my DH. My other two are from my Exhubby. Well, apparently my grandma and bro have everything figured out for me. She told him that she was going to talk to me as soon as LO is born to tell me I need to get my tubes tied....She is going to tell ME to get MY tubes tied!! Not only is it none of her business, why are she and my BROTHER discussing my tubes??

I told my mom and she laughed for two days over it. I mean, it is pretty funny. My grandma says whatever comes to her mind. She has zero filter between the brain and the mouth. Sadly, this is a family curse but at least I can curb it a little bit. :smileyhappy: I told DH and he is Catholic so we decided that my response is going to be this..."Well, I have decided to convert and become Catholic and that means that we are not going to use any birth control at all and see how many children God blesses us with." I am of no particular religion and she is Pentocostal and will poop a brick the size of Texas. :smileyhappy:

Hope all you ladies have a great day! :smileyvery-happy:

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 2:58pm
At least you can see the humor in it! I'd be pissed, ha!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 5:07pm
That story sounds like a MadLib! It gives you a chance to bring up their family planning too, though... ;-)

- JM

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 6:20pm

Thank you for giving me an answer for my mother who asked the same question! I always wonder why some people need to be so involved in something that is completely not their business. At least you have a wonderful sense of humor. 

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 7:50pm

Hahaha!  Love the Catholic response!  Priceless.

Seriously though, what's wrong with your brother?  It's a little easier to excuse a grandmother, if I picture her as some senile old lady, but your brother has no excuse.  It's your body, your business.  We're in a similar situation (my 3rd kid, Dh's 1st.)  Family has been very opinionated about how we shouldn't have more kids but they are positive we'll keep getting knocked up.  I don't understand why family feels like they have a right to discuss a woman's body and sex life.  It's private and none of their damn business!

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 9:05pm
Well, my brother is just like my grandma and he thinks he knows everything. I love him but we don't get along very well when he lives in CA. It is good that he lives so far away. DH has mentioned maybe wanting another one but we will see after he goes through the crying phase of a newborn :smileyhappy: I am not opposed to it, I am just 9 months pregnant right now and the last thing I want to think about is doing this again.

The rest of my family has stayed pretty quiet about the whole thing which has been nice.

Oh well....it is our lives and we are adults to do what we choose :smileyhappy: Good luck with your family!
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 2:17pm

Im from the November Board, but the Doctor seems to think my baby will be here in October, so I visit this board from time to time :smileyhappy:

I can definitely relate! I posted on facebook (I only have family members and close friends on there) about how a doctors appointment went, which was fine, no issues or anything, and my Grandmother felt the need to post " I hope you are getting your tubes tied, you need to, having babies is so unhealthy for women, it tears their bodies down and you will have two children that need you alive." Umm.... so if I have any more kids Im going to die??? Thanks for letting me know, my doctor must have left that out! SMH!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 4:17pm
Geez! Grandma is kooky! :smileyhappy:

My aunt (only 10 years older than me, with 2 oops kids) keeps saying that I need to be more careful and quit announcing babies.
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg