Gangnam Style!

Community Leader
Gangnam Style!
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 2:09pm

I have no idea what this song is about but it's so catchy and the moves are fun.  One reason I love my Zumba instructors (and only these two guys)--they make cheesy fun.  This song is a decent workout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7w_c2-5O-o

iVillage Member
In reply to: jeanwl
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 9:58pm
Zumba so depends on the instructor. Maybe all classes do, but I only take Zumba and Pilates and I think Pilates has more standardization. The instructors at the gym I go to on the Cape are good, one is excellent. They have almost ruined me for anything else because their playlist selection seems 'right' to me. A slow, warmup stretch. A medium pace dance that introduces the steps. Three long, fast, sweat inducing dances. A medium one to catch your breath, maybe a new step or two. Three more fast. A medium. Three more fast. A cool down. A final stretch, to a meaningful sounding song...that's all I ask...and most songs should be familiar to the regulars, but one or two should be new. And they should cue the steps a little. Don't lead, teach...
Community Leader
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 10:41pm

The instructor makes all the difference in Zumba.  I thought I hated it until I went to these classes.  They're instructors and have been for years so they're good about cueing and giving low impact options.  They're the only instructors I've been to who actually cue form.  I've had enough of the "look at how awesome I am" type Zumba instructors who only perform and don't teach.

Pilates is somewhat along the same lines in that it's not uniform. So many instructors do different things but I agree there is more similarity between classes than Zumba.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 11:10pm
Ha! That was fun. :smileyhappy:
Community Leader
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 11:26pm
Omg, they are so much fun! I was dancing along in the kitchen before pup training tonight. I wish they were close by!
Community Leader
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 2:24pm

Yeah, they're the only reason I'll go to Zumba. It's silly fun.

Community Leader
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 2:24pm

They're great. I've drummed up so much business for them in my area!