What's on your Christmas wish list?

iVillage Member
What's on your Christmas wish list?
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 2:14pm

I know it's a bit early, but we all know that holidays have a way of sneaking up on us. With that in mind, I thought I'd get a head start by kicking your brain cells into thinking mode.

Here at iVillage, we want to celebrate the holidays in grand style with our members, so we’re gearing up for a really cool bunch of holiday content, including giveaways! That's where you come in...

What we’re looking for right now is this: what do you want for Christmas? Our goal is to take some of your suggestions and include those things as prizes in our holiday giveaways.

So tell us -- What's on your wish list?  Bundles of books or an e-reader? Or maybe a collection of DVD sets, or a luxurious tropical vacation? Come on, share your heart's desire and let's see if we can make some Christmas wishes come true!

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 9:39am

Books are always on the top of my list!  Bundles of books or e-books would be great!  I also look forward to my trip to the book store if I get a store card.  My kids know I love Barnes and Noble.  As far as trips go, instead of a tropical island, why not airfare and a weekend in Seattle for a used book store shopping spree?  (It's one of my favorite things that my hubby periodically treats me to.)  Last fall my hubby and I discovered Santa Ynez Valley in California.  Lots of vineyards, and olive orchards.  Solvang is a lovely Danish town with lots of history, shopping and wine shops.  It's the perfect base for a long weekend.  As far as trips go, I could also suggest a weekend on the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California.  The ship is beautiful!  It's not half as costly as you would imagine and there are loads of attractions in the surrounding area for extra things to do.

Bev

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 2:22pm

It's never too early to think about Christmas!

Some people will think I'm nuts, but I always ask for gift cards for Christmas. Yes, they're unimaginative, but I consider them a chance to treat myself to something that I wouldn't spend my own money on.

Bev

girl in chair
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 4:20pm

Wow...those are some great suggestions! I especially love the idea of a weekend trip; sometimes that's just enough time to really relax and recharge without the stress that can come with trying to get away for a longer vacation.  And used book store shopping spree... boy, could I so do some massive buying there! :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 4:27pm

I don't think you're nuts -- I love getting gift cards, too. One reason I personally love them is because I can hit the after holiday sales and really rack up some great deals!