Santa Claus Is Coming To Town...

Administrator
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town...
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 2:23pm

Woohoo-it's almost that time of year and time to start thinking about your holiday wish list. What do you want for Christmas?  iVillage is putting together some fun giveaways for the holidays and we want to know what you are wishing for.

Go ahead and tell us what you want; Diamond earrings... a new laptop... new fishing gear??

Share what gift(s) you really want to receive and we may be able give it away!

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 4:35pm

Gosh Karla! I could use a new 'laptop!'   :smileysurprised: 

I have an IBM - ThinkPad - T30 that I bought used (and fairly cheap...!) a few years ago. I had to replace the hard-drive a year or two ago and managed to accomplish this on my own! It's still going so I guess I shouldn't complain! 

I saw the guy I bought it from today and was telling him that I was still using it. He was surprised because he was having trouble turning it on. I found a method to overcome that problem which still works although my wife can't get it to start no matter what she does!

Anyway, you can sure put that on the 'wish list!' :smileywink:

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 2:48pm

Sorry Karla, I'm going big on this one!  A repairman to fix my car!!!!  So I can drive it and not have to worry about it breaking down.  Or to have a spa day......hair coloring, cut, massage!!!!   But all that aside, a tropical vacay would be nice.  LOL!  No seriously, all I want for Christmas this year is for my family to be together with no animosity since it will be our first Christmas without my dad.

Powered by CGISpy.com
Mom to furangel, Chelse
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 12:38am
Chris, I wish I was Santa (or an angel) and could make all of your Christmas wishes come true. Your family has been in my prayers so much and I wish you peace and comfort this Christmas. I also hope those wonderful memories from past Christmases bring you even more warmth, love and happiness you so deserve. (((HUGS)))
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 12:41am
Ruben, I know bait is what you desire for Santa to fill your stocking, but personally I would love for Jolly Old Saint Nick to bring you a brand new computer, if you don't already have one. When you aren't around there is a deep, vacant hole on iVillage and the board isn't the same without you. Plus, I wish you a year of bait hungry fish in 2013.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 12:43am
Marty,
I hope Santa brings you a new laptop!! This board needs you!! I am so thankful you are able to trouble shoot the problems with your existing equipment so we don't lose you!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 12:47am
Karla, I am wishing, first and foremost, for Peace of Earth. Is that too much to ask for? Seriously, I'd be happy with just that wish fulfilled.
If iVillage wants to find a way for me to stay in my current house... I would be forever grateful... but, I am a realist, and would be most happy if you just gave Ruben and Marty new laptops and Chris a day of extreme relaxation. Their happiness and satisfaction would be all the gift I would need.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 9:08am

I agree with your wishes Lauren Sue, except to add you a day of no DANtics and a day of relaxation too!  As for that Christmas with no animosity, well, it looks like it's not going to happen.  Just when there are a couple of days of quiet, it all breaks wide open.  And boy was yesterday the biggest eye opener of them all.  And let's just say I am very scared for my future.  If certain things don't take place, and soon, I will be out of a home amongst other things.  Amazing what greed can do to people.