confused. help me

iVillage Member
confused. help me
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 3:42pm

I took a store bought brand and immediatedly it didnt show a line then it did a thick one then it dissapeard into a skinny line now its faint i just took an answer test and it shows no line. im so confused. im gaining weight a my breasts are sore and swollen. i was on depo in april but never resumed. what am i suppose to think. i had some spotting sep 8 and then a couple days later again. can anyone help me?

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 10:45am

There should always be at least one line (the control line) or the test is not valid.  The control line is almost always fairly dark too.  It is the second line that can be faint (if you see it at all) and indicates pregnancy no matter how light it is.

Dyan

Due May 1, 2013 by ultrasound (April 27, 2013 by LMP)

Married DH 12/27/99

Mom to DD 9, DD 6, DS 3

PCOS; 4 miscarriages

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 5:48pm

hello!! well, there has to be at least 1 line-the control line-or the test is bad. then if youre pregnant, there should be a second line...it can be faint. it was faint for me the first time i took 1 and i was pregnant with my oldest. with my other 2 pregnancies, those lines were there and dark within a minute. i would test again using first morning urine. the more concentrated it is, the greater the chance you will see a positive result. have you had a regular period since being off depo? have you had unprotected sex since being off depo? (the depo is good for 3 months, but i was on it and it took another month and a half before i had a period when i went off and another 3 months before it was regular)
JOANNE 

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 2:58am
i havent had a regular period since being off of depo just some blood. ive had unprotected sex.
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 2:09pm
Some tests are stronger than others. With one you may have a positive and with another you may have a negative. I would take another one in a couple days just to be sure.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 5:02pm
Hi mandy i went to the dr and they did a urine test and it was negative. the nurse said there is no way to be sure when im ovulating but all my sysmptoms point to being pregnant sore breasts cramping a little blood on the 3rd. but she also said i might get my period, so if i dont test in two weeks. depo really screwed me up.
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 5:36pm
I was on Depo when I got pregnant with my first child and it did make things screwy. But I hope the next 2 weeks go by fast and you get your BFP! :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 9:47am
i took a store bought brand and i showed a gray fat line and then an evap line. i dunno whats going on two weeks are taking forever, i stopped cramping but my breasts hurt so bad. i really want to be pregnant.
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 1:53pm
The 2 week wait is the hardest. Try to keep busy and not think about it (which I know is next to impossible when you're wanting to get pregnant!). And you never know, you might get an early positive. I got mine at 10dpo this time. Good luck and keep us posted. :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
Community Leader
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 10:30pm
I'm sorry you are having to wait two weeks to try to figure things out. If you don't have your period in 2 weeks and the urine test is negative again in 2 weeks, I'd request a blood test. Good luck!
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 11:27am
hi i took a dollar store test this am and negative. am i doing it too soon my charting tells me i ovulated on sept 23 so this would be 14 days past ovulation. my period was expected yesterday. on the 3rd of september i just had a little blood at that was it. im so moody and my breasts are swollen and a little sore. is this just cause of the depo. are my hormones getting back to normal? i havent had a normal period. i heard the depo makes you sterile. my last shot was march 30 that was my last normal period.

Pages