pumping is my cardio!!!

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
pumping is my cardio!!!
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 4:16pm

Pumping has been a HUGE lifesaver for me when it come to babyweight. I'm 10lbs below prepregnancy weight and I eat HORRIBLY and I eat A LOT. No matter how badly I ate, I was still losing weight!!! This pumping stuff is great cardio! LOL! :smileyhappy: Problem is, I'm planning to stop pumping soon and now I've developed these bad eating habbits! Any advice on how to stop pumping w/o gaining a bunch of weight back??? 

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 1:15am
I am facing the same issue. I eat TONS! I am starving all the time. I think for me, short of the hungry feeling, is that I am starting to get sick of being this hungry. I have gotten to enjoy more food than I might normally eat, but I have never been an overeater (the weight I had gained in previous years snuck up on me) and I am starting to not enjoy starving and having to find food to fill me up all the time. When you eat this much, you get through the cravings pretty quickly and then nothing sounds good. I am 4 months eping and I am 7 pounds under pre-pregnancy weight. When I start dropping more pumps (at 5 per day now), I will probably go back to salads and smoothies like I was eating before I got pregnant. I worked on so many good habits then, and they are quickly getting lost.
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 2:01pm
Ugh, I had the same problem--developed the munchies while pumping and made a lot of cookies, ate a lot of cookies...and still stayed slim. Then a little crept back on when I stopped pumping.
My best advice to you was to try to change your eating habits NOW before you stop pumping. I just assumed I would be less hungry when I stopped and would return to my normal, healthy-eating self. Didn't happen. I was used to eating that way, still felt pretty hungry, and wanted those foods! Good luck!

Photobucket</