Random tears?

iVillage Member
Random tears?
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 6:39pm

Anyone have random tears here and there. I'll be feeling strong and confident then all the sudden out of no where I have a thought of him and tears come, then go away quick as they came. It's just weird.

I did have a trigger today. Earlier in the day a coworker whose job has been dropped and she'll be leaving in a couple weeks, said "Lifes not fair", and in the next breath said "have you heard from _____xap name___?"  She knows we were friends at work, but nothing else. That set off thoughts about him but eventually moved on. When I got home the tears came and went.

Todays tears make sense I guess, with those tears I had a strong urge to call, but didn't. I hadn't had an urge that strong in a while.  The tears have  happened other times too, just random tears out of no where.

ideas? thoughts?

I get so much from reading here, the last couple days there have been perfect comments I needed to see... thank you!

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 9:02pm
Hi, K. Tears come part and parcel with an ending. Let them come, don't fight them. Then breathe through whatever emotion accompanies the tears at the time. Name the emotion and then say "I feel _____ right now and that's ok because I'm healing." Healing is a long process but by not fighting the emotions and tears, we can experience them and then release them. Each time we do so, we get a little stronger.
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 10:39pm

Hey k :smileyhappy:

I really like what RTG said.

I experienced similar random tears too.  Going along my merry way and whammo! A trigger, or sometimes I could not put my finger on why.  Actually I found that I had a lot of difficulty in the supermarkets..when I found myself suddenly sobbing in front of the frozen pea section....and then I figured it out finally...the dang musak..you know that background music that you don't really hear, but really do. So I had to avoid the supermarkets for a while...or just get in and get out.

And, we can't discount those pesky hormones surging through our bodies, either.

When we are grieving, we are so sensitive and seem to be able to cry at the drop of a hat.  

Today, you could pinpoint the reason...next time, maybe not.  We aren't always going to be able to figure out where they are coming from, but I guess we have no choice but to go with the flow...apparently we needed to. And usually we feel better, unless we had to suppress them and end up with a splitting headache...oy.

I don't think it is weird at all, and I'll bet most of us experience this.

(((hugs)))

Clarity