Needing your prayers!

iVillage Member
Needing your prayers!
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 9:46pm

We had a really strange surprise today.  Fletcher had routine bloodwork as part of his "well child" check-up, and the results today showed dangerously high cholesterol.  Like RIDICULOUS numbers.  The doctor seemed shocked.  He asked about his diet and activity levels, and he couldn't really make sense of the numbers.  HDL was 265.  LDL was 144.  We are doing the tests again to rule out error.  I'm praying it was a big mix up of some kind.  Fletcher is very thin, extremely active, and he eats well.  We rarely have junk food.  We eat balanced meals and rarely eat out. Nutrition is a subject that I have thrown myself into since becoming a parent, and I take the business of feeding my kids very seriously.  I'm baffled.  Part of me is thinking it was an error, and the other part of me is scared to death that this is just a symptom of something else.  My frantic internet searches (I know I shouldn't do that!) suggest a kidney problem, metabolic disorder, or diabetes. 

I'm scared.  Not sure what to think.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 10:19pm
Oh Erica, how scary! I'm so sorry. I hope it is an error, or if not, that there is a non-scary explanation for this. :smileysad: Hugs!

Pages