We have an induction date

iVillage Member
We have an induction date
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 11:14pm

So about a week ago I started getting pain in my chest, similar to what I had when I had gallbladder issues, which I had removed 12 months ago.  Finally last night, it got so bad, I was in tears and given I have cholestasis which is a liver condition, and gallbladders fit nicely into that area, I was quite worried and went up to the ER.  Thought it was strange that I was having pain related to an organ I dont have anymore.

Became a pin cushion again, make that 5 needles in 24 hours.  Including an antacid type medication in the behind.  Ouch.

Blood pressure was high again, but then dropped to normal, then shot up again.  Got taken up to L&D to be admitted and monitored with another CTG. Baby is fine, measuring a little small, but not overly.

So i have to go in for another CTG on Sunday, and assuming that is still all well, I am to go in on Tuesday morning bright and early for the induction.

So instead of a 38 week induction, it will be just over 37 weeks, they dont want to hold out any longer than that incase I have another painful attack although it seems that as soon as the pain killers wear off, the pain starts up again. 

So looks like this babys date of birth is going to be 2 October

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 11:34pm

Glad they took you seriously and are giving you a date.  I've had my share of gallbladder attacks and liver problems this pregnancy, and you're right that they feel really similar.  Watching diet helps a lot though - fatty foods will trigger a liver attack the same way they trigger a gallbladder attack.  And prescription antacids do help a lot (oral, not bum, lol.)  I hope Tuesday comes quickly, your induction goes smoothly, and you back to feeling better soon!

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 12:44am

Thanks, i think what scared me the most was having that excruciating pain back after I havent had it since having my gallbladder out.  Normally I just try and ride through it, but pain killers werent working, antacids werent working.

Its funny because I freaked out when I realised the nurse wanted to give me an injection in my bum, then when i rolled over she saw the tattoo i have on my back, and thought I was weird.   I said the tattoo was voluntary and expected, the needle in the bum isnt.

Good luck to you too, hope everything goes well for you and cant wait to see the announcement.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 5:05pm
that's a great reply to the nurse. lol. i'm glad you have some relief in sight. try to focus on holding out the few days instead of fearing another attack - don't let the pain get a jump start.

- JM

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 7:35pm

the pain is still there, if it gets bad again I have to go back to the hospital, instead of trying to take strong pain killers.  At the moment i am able to get rid of it with normal pain relief and some heat packs.  I have to go back on Sunday anyway to get another CTG so ill mention its still there and see what they want to do.

But I am so glad there is light at the end of the tunnel.  The itching is starting to flare up again too but being so close to delivery I dont want to take the antihistamines.

The whole induction process is a bit scary, Ive been induced before wkith DS but my body had already started the process with my waters breaking.  This time its a full on induction from the start.  Ob said to start getting onto some of those old wives tales to try and get things moving.  Im pretty sure DH couldnt hide the grin when she mentioned sex.  Im considered full term now, so I guess anything could happen between now and Tuesday.  They said there were going to do an internal on Sunday to see whether my body is even trying to get ready.