When another girl touches your man

iVillage Member
When another girl touches your man
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 1:35am
I have been in a relationship w/ my bf for 5 mon. We hangout with his guy friends lots and I get along with all of them and have a great relationship. One of the guys has a new gal he just started talking to and she has been coming around lots. My bf is always holding me in public, flirting and being very romantic with me. The new couple also are very affecionate. However, she has been flirting and touching my bf lots! She does it while he has his arms around me. The first time it happened it was when she first started talking to our friend. She was hugging my bf and was grabbing his hands and holding them. I asked him why she did this and he said he was telling her how much the buddy liked her and she was being giddy and happy with him. The next night she grabbed his hand and he pulled it away and it was ackward as she still grabbed for it. Although I was happy because he made it ackward. Lastly and the worse at dinner on a double she reached across the table and stroked my bfs face for a long time and then ran her hand down his arm slowly. All bc she was "acting" like she was consoling him from an earlier situation. I talked with him the next day and he played stupid acting like he didn't know what I was talking about. I'm afraid he might try to play this off as me making a big deal. Is this a big deal?
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 6:31pm

Clover, is she like this with everyone....or just your boyfriend?    The answer would make a huge difference to my reply

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 8:44pm
I have seen her flirt with one of the other guys that has a g/f but not directly touching like she has done with my boyfriend on 3 occasions. My only thing with my bf is the 3rd time which was the most inappropriate he somewhat seemed to enjoy it and I wonder if he doesn't somewhat enjoying seeing my face/reaction when it happens and her attention. Her bf witnessed this third occasions as well.
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 7:05pm

If I were you, I'd talk to her boyfriend about her outrageous flirting.    Does everyone notice it?  If so, let him know.  

He may get annoyed enough to dump her.   Or he'll keep her away from his friends.   Either way, the problem could be solved with a bit of discrete discussion between the two of you.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-24-2012 - 1:12pm
Your BF needs to make it a point to keep his distance from that girl and to stop making it seem to her like its okay for her to be so touchy with him. If i saw that my BF wasn't being aggressive enough towards making her stop, I would probably end up impulsively telling her to stop touching him, right when I see it happening and done! I did that in a previous relationship and the girl never touched my BF again (at least not in front of me). That needs to stop in my opinion, I don't care if shes a naturally touchy person towards all the guys, shes being a bit much and needs to respect.