The Last Weekend in September WOW!

iVillage Member
The Last Weekend in September WOW!
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 5:32am

Does anyone else have the feeling that this month just flew by?

It's a glorious sunny day here in Munich and while 98 % of the poplulation will be headed to the O'fest, dh decided to take me south into the Alps, view the fall foliage (not in full glory yet but worth taking a look at. We'll stop for pizza and walk around the lake and then who knows.  Have to get out and enjoy these last warm days of the year...  

So what are you all doing this weekend?

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 12:42pm

it depends, suzan. i think this month i have done 8 and will probably do at least one more.

the concert is southern gospel and it's a family group that we have not heard before.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 1:18am

Whew..September has been an extra super busy month!! We haven't even been able to get to all the things going on as there's just not enough time and we had to take a day off now and then!! Been lots of fun, too, though!!

Friday...DH's brother is here staying at their sister's house. He's visiting from Atlanta, GA and staying until Wednesday. This morning dh and I went to a lovely memorial service for a very nice man who had been a member of our Sunday school class. Then we went out to Olive Garden for lunch. Home for awhile and then we headed out to dh's sister's (45 minutes away) for dinner and a good visit with their brother and other family members.

Saturday...I'm going shopping with my DD1 to finally get the grands some school clothes. Hope that plan works out this time anyway as this is the third time we're trying to do this! Later we'll be going to my youngest dgs's soccer game. Then dh and I are meeting his visiting brother, two sisters and their dh's at a restaurant for dinner.

Sunday...Sunday school and church and out for Chinese dinner. That afternoon I'll be going to a baby shower for dh's niece.

Whew..busy weekend for sure!!
Hope you're all having a good weekend too!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 7:06am

Yes, this month did fly by!

Gorgeous weather here too but I'm sure the scenery is not as beautiful as the Alps!

The leaves are just getting a touch of fall color now.

Friday night was busy with dd's volleyball game and ice cream afterwards.

Hope to relax the rest of the weekend.  Although I'm sure will be doing plenty of
yard work and house work.   Hoping to see oldest ds and dil too maybe.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 1:38pm

Hi Donna,

Sounds like a wonderfully busy time.   Shopping for grands clothes is really fun (I think anyway). Soon enough they be old enough to go do their own shopping and won't want to get caught dead with an adult LOL

Enjoy all your visits and dinners etc.   Oh a baby shower,,,, so wish I could have held one for my dil....  hmmmm just don't have them here.  Had I known enough Americans here, I would have rounded up a group for sure LOL

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 2:11pm
Do you rake all the leaves? Our neighbors trees are starting to drop , of course on my lawn LOL) but so far I've been able to just mow them up.

Did dd's volleyball team win? Did you go afterwards with just dd for ice cream or does the whole team celebrate?
I'm full of questions today ;O)
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 2:12pm
Have a wonderful timie at the wedding. TTYS ;O)
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 3:19pm
twig04 wrote:

Hi Donna,

Sounds like a wonderfully busy time.   Shopping for grands clothes is really fun (I think anyway). Soon enough they be old enough to go do their own shopping and won't want to get caught dead with an adult LOL

Enjoy all your visits and dinners etc.   Oh a baby shower,,,, so wish I could have held one for my dil....  hmmmm just don't have them here.  Had I known enough Americans here, I would have rounded up a group for sure LOL

Well, wouldn't you know DD had to cancel our shopping trip again! She has to work today. Now I won't be able to do it until mid October when we return from Branson. We'll keep trying though!

Thanks, we are having a fun time with all of these outings!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 1:09pm

CRAZY isn't it ??? Saturday  we had a lazy about the house & cleaning day.I worked Sat night & am working today.

Jeremy has been enjoying time with his cousins. Today he is off ocean fishing with his uncle & 2 cousins.YUMMMM...dinner this week!

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 2:06pm
ocean fishing, oh wow I would love to do that. Glad he's having a wonderful time ;O)

Pages