Friday Fun!

iVillage Member
Friday Fun!
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 8:11am

What fun things does your day have in store?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 1:13pm
Geo please expand on this for me. What can a chiro do that could help period pain? I could give it a try. I usually start hurting a couple days in advance, its very rare that I don't know its coming....
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 1:17pm
Ladies the S is really hitting the fan at Wills office. . . :smileysad:

Not sure whats going to happen he is either going to weather the storm or he will be leaving
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: georapper
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 2:14pm
Sending prayers~

&nb
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 2:25pm
Stacy, the spine is the hub of the central nervous system. Every single nerve that operates every single part of the body goes through that hub. If there is a subluxation (a disturbance ... a kink ... a problem) in the spine, it affects the nerves that are connected to that area of the spine. When my hips are out, I have problems. When my hips are in, I'm golden. Your sacral plexus is connected to reproductive organs, so that is likely your issue, but please listen to me: I. AM. NOT. A. CHIROPRACTOR. All I can tell you is what I've learned about myself.

In 2001 I was having major issues which I'd rather not post on the board for all the world to see, but suffice it to say, it wasn't pretty. I spent at 48 hours at home, miserable, and in a major mess, every month. The M.D. wanted to prescribe the pill even though I'd had my tubes tied. You know me and drugs.

I started seeing the chiro more regularly and in one cycle, it was straightened out. Now ... I go pushing and pulling on things ... lugging things around ... doing stupid crap that sends my hips in fourteen different directions (sometimes, I literally tell them to pack their bags 'cuz they're gonna have to go to AZ to get my hips back ... :smileywink: ) ... then we have issues again. But as long as I'm watching how I move and getting regular adjustments, it's all good.

I promise that if you talk to someone in the chiropractic profession who knows their stuff, you'll get a more thorough explanation, but I will also tell you ... my chiros say I know more about this than the average bear. 30 years of excellent care and doctors who take the time to answer my questions have served me well. I've also done my own research, and I am a walking testament to the good it can do. I NEVER ... EVER ... need pain relief any more. Recent changes due to age have meant *some* change in how I feel, but 11 years of positive experience with regular/normal processes are proof enough for me that it works. :smileyhappy: So ... that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! :smileyhappy:

&nb
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 2:37pm
thats all pretty amazing.

I found out when dd was in labor for 5 days that part of the crazy pain was probably due to something similar and we were told to seek out a dr that would do a speical type of adjustment for pregnant peoples. we did some stuff at home and it seemed to help.

I will have to check and see if my insurnce will cover the chiro. :smileyhappy:

thanks for sharing! :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 2:38pm
Thank you.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 3:20pm
Prayers Stacy, for Will.
I can't say whether insurance will pay for a chiropractor, however I do know several people who go to the local D.O. college here for similar treatment. ALSO, I do know that for me, Acupuncture has been worth paying out of pocket. I feel SO. MUCH. Better. I don't need to go near as often now - I was going weekly at first, then every two weeks, (back in March/April) and now I just go every 4 weeks.

my nephew was getting HUGE benefits from chiropractic treatment - can't put it out there (and he is on fb) but yeah. Go. Try. Treat yourself. You are worth it! Plus, if you can get 12-24-36 days back a year? You'll have time for those naps! (just trying to get a smile Stacy!)
Michelle
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 3:27pm
LOL :smileyhappy::smileyhappy: there smiles for you I lol'd :smileyhappy:

I will check it out for sure!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 3:30pm
Thank you for the prayers. :smileyhappy:

I dunno if I mentioned it but he has to work most of the weekend again. there are installs happening at 9 am saturday and sunday, and one at 4 saturday afternoon..... OY.

and they are in the works for next weekend too.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 6:28pm
11 bows done in 2 hours and 40 minutes. :smileyhappy: Some polka dotted. Some misted. Set up a possible Christmas sales venue for early November. Will work on cards, clipboards, and I Spy bottles to add to the bows and the CDs.

In the meantime, home made applesauce is chilling in the fridge. Need to start the rest of dinner. Have a wonderful evening everyone, and Stacy ... you're welcome. Please *do* look into it. You'll be AMAZED at how much better you feel! And MJ's right ... you're worth it. :smileyhappy:

&nb