Buying a woman for a week/being bought

iVillage Member
Buying a woman for a week/being bought
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 9:25am

TO ALL-

I just discovered that there are a number of resorts in the Dominican Republic where as part of what is paid for, single guys are provided with a female companion for the duration of their stay. The idea really sounds exciting to me. I am currently happily married, so I will not be availing myself of this in the forseeable future. However, I wish I knew about this when younger and between girlfriends for long periods of time.

I like this idea because 1) by having the woman around to leisurely hang out and cuddle, I wouldn't feel at all that I was doing something sleazy. This is very different  from going to a hooker for an hour. 2) For me, there is no such thing as a woman I want to have sex with just once. 3)She arguably can be classified as a ''girlfriend", making life easier when discussing sexual history with a subsequent real girlfriend. 4) The arrangement is probably better for the woman involved than ordinary prostitution, unless the guy is a jerk (in which case being rid of him in an hour is better!!!). She probably feels less dirty/slutty.

Anyway, I'd love to hear both male and female feedback here. What do you think of this concept?

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 9:14am

Geek1945-

Hi. Thanks.

FYI, the men are given a choice from the available women at the resort upon their arrival. One practical drawback is the women speak Spanish and don't always speak English. So, if a male guest's Spanish is weak to non-existant, it can be limiting--although now there are readily available cell phone translation applications.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 7:35pm
Prostitution by any other name stinks as rank!
If you do this, I hope the "woman" is of legal age, underage prostitution is alive and well down there.
You might be able to call her a "girl friend" to your next real one, but I hope she doesn't give you anything to take home that you can't pack away, if you know what I mean. Venereal and other diseases are rampant in this type profession.