Btdt ladies - Sibling presents?

iVillage Member
Btdt ladies - Sibling presents?
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 9:47am

I was curious if anyone else was going to buy a gift for their newborn to 'give' to the older children. Yesterday I bought each of my girls a book from their brother - nothing fancy. Got my oldest 'Madeline' and my youngest 'Stella star of the Sea' from the Stella and sam series - if you have never read the series you should! It is an amazing wonderfully created kid world of imagination and adventure with a big sis and little bro and their dog. Both my girls love these books! Here is a link to the authors page - http://www.marielouisegay.com/?p=3

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 10:24am
I didn't do it with my oldest - but I might this time. It might be something as simple as a book or even a piece of candy. My DS is 12 and probably doesn't care much. My DD is totally different story. I'll look into this!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 1:22pm

We are going ot get something, but we havent decided what yet. Our daughter has already asked if she could get her new baby brother a present, so we are going to let her pick something to give to him as well.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 9:20pm

My DD has been wanting a stuffed Donald Duck toy, so the baby is giving her that when he arrives.  It will be right around her birthday, so I also got her a birthday card from him.  ;0)  She is giving him a stuffed Dumbo toy. 

She will be soooo excited to get Luca's gift to her.

Lilypie Maternity tickers