One of those days...

iVillage Member
One of those days...
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 10:49am

I'm having a horrible day. I don't know if I have a black cloud hanging over my head or if I'm just so scatter brain at this point that I'm bringing it on myself. I woke up this morning to get DS ready for school. I realized while I was half asleep that I asked DH to put a load of jeans in the wash last night so DS would have some clean for school (I've been so busy this week and haven't had a chance to do laundry). I go in the laundry room this morning and of course the jeans are still is the washer. I only had about 30 minutes until we had to leave so I was praying they would be dry in time. They weren't. DS had to put them on and they were still slightly damp around the top. Anyways, I run into the garage and buckle them in and as I'm pulling out of the driveway I notice I have no shoes on and I'm still in my pajamas. Since I had no time left, I decided to just leave anyway. I get about halfway to school and the road was closed because a tree fell. So I had to turn around and go the other way, which made DS late to school. I got back home and went to use my cell phone and my phone company sent me a text that my service was suspended. I couldn't figure out why because I just paid the bill last week (I never look at the bill because it's always the same amount and I just send in the check and shred the bill). Well apparently, my bill was over $300 because they said I called 411 62 times a few weeks back and they charged me a late fee and a restoration fee to turn my phone back on!! I was livid. I KNOW I didn't call 411 once, let alone 62 times. Plus, I argued that I'd never ever use 411 when I could just google any phone number I needed. I mean it's 2012 people. So, I look my account up online and sure enough it shows I called 411 but it showed that it was in the middle of the night one night. I'm positive I didn't stay up all night dialing 411, it had to be a system glitch or something. They offered to credit me $50, which I thought was ridiculous since I've been a customer 8 years and have never used 411 in the past. All in all, I cancelled the stupid service and will be signing up elsewhere tonight. THEN, I get on my computer to log in for work, and the system is down. I can't even get to the point of where I log in so that I get paid, sooo I won't be able to work today which means I won't get paid. Grrr!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 11:48am

Wow, that is definitely a rough start to the day.  I don't know what to tell you other than to relax, because this horrible time will pass.  In 24 or 48 hours all of these annoyances will seem much smaller, and you will be focusing on other (hopefully better?) things.  Hopefully venting to the board helped a little (always helps me to get things in writing) and really, what else can you do but laugh about the absurdity of your morning, knowing that you and your family are happy and healthy, and that in a very short amount of time, these crazy things will be forgotten.  Here's to a better rest of the day!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 12:20pm

Oh man, I would be LIVID if I was forced to pay a bill for phony charges.  I had something similar happen with Verizon. I lived in Washington for a few months so they started charges me for the Washington State tax on my bill.  Then I moved back to Montana and they continued to charge me that tax for over 2 years before I finally read through my entire bill and realized what they were doing.  When I called them and told them about, they said that there was nothing they could do about it and that money was all lost. I was furious. They knew that I no longer lived in Washington, so I felt like they were at fault.. Phone companies never think they're at fault though. 

So sorry you're having a crappy day :smileysad:.. For some reason (for me anyway) the pregnancy hormones seem to exasperate an already bad day.  If your work site doesn't start working for awhile, I would suggest a nice bubble bath and some self-pampering. 

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 1:27pm
Definitely a rotten start to the day! I hope it gets better!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 1:35pm

I feel your pain!  And I thought I was having a crappy day ... looks like I'm not alone.  :smileysad:

I wonder what it is about cell phone companies that makes them all think that good customer service is not a necessity?  For the most part, they all suck! 

I sure hope that the rest of your day gets better!  :smileyhappy:

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 2:02pm
I don't think they care about customer service because they know we all pretty much rely on our phones so they can treat us however they want since they know we have no other choice!

Thanks for the encouragement ladies.. it must've worked because I found out I get a 19% discount for Sprint through my job. My bill will go from $93/month to $66. Woohoo!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 6:20pm
Well that's at least some good news!! So sorry it started out so bad!! I definitely have those days and I hate every minute of them!! Glad it's starting to look up!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 10:07pm
Sorry you had a rough day...it did sound pretty bad! Hope things get better!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 9:21am

Yikes, that does sound like a bad day.  I am sorry.  I think there must be something in the air because I have had some rough days over the last two weeks, although dealing with a cell phone company over something so ridiculous probably would take the cake over most anything on the bad-day-o-meter...

Photobucket