Introduce yourself in this thread!

iVillage Member
Introduce yourself in this thread!
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 11:03am

Hi y'all! 

I just looked back through 3 years of threads and didn't see a proper "intro thread".   Let's start one!

WHO AM I? I'm a 35 year old married mother of two young kids (2 & 4).  I'm starting to get the baby-rabies again but realistically we don't plan another pregnancy until late next year for career and financial reasons.  That's probably why I've come back to this board - when I'm thinking about getting myself pregnant, I start thinking about all the related eithical, physical and emotional concerns of reproduction.  I'm an Emergency Physician, so I do see routinely see women who are concerned about miscarriage, or who are finding out that they are pregnant unexpectedly, but I do not provide Gyn care primarily. 

WHAT ARE MY GOALS HERE? I hope to be welcoming to all other posters, but I believe everyone should be comfortable explaining their reasoning and their sources.  If it's an opinion or a belief, it's okay to as "why?" and "what if?" because that helps us all to further understand ourselves.  If it's a fact, it's expected to be able to cite a reasonable source or two, and hopefully we all can learn something about rational academics and fact-checking.  This is not an attack, or an unfriendly action!  We have these discussions because we like eachother and we want to learn, so if another poster questions you, take it as an opportunity to expound. 

ADMIT SOMETHING.  I am prone to run-on sentances, and I secretly sort of hate sig files because I have to scroll past them every time, and I feel really bad about it because people put so much effort into making them beautiful.  Is there a way to turn them off?

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 10:13pm
Hi, I'm Sam. I'm a 50 something wife/mom/ big sister & grandma of 3 { soon to be 4} I am a real life bus driver, I'm pro-choice, I lost a beloved cousin to a illegal abortion. I'm pro-birth control. I want the anit choices folks that a woman's life must always come first.
~~Sam stitches well with others, runs with scissors in her pocket. Cheerful and stupid.