Friday 5s

iVillage Member
Friday 5s
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 11:04am

1. When the seasons change, do you buy a whole new wardrobe or just add to what you already have?

2. When was the last time you bought clothes for yourself?

3. How often do you up date your wardrobe?

4. Do you have a set budget for buying new clothes?

5.  When shopping for clothes, do you like to go alone or bring a friend along?

iVillage Member
In reply to: chic04
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 2:34pm

So it's technically Sunday, but....hehehe

1. When the seasons change, do you buy a whole new wardrobe or just add to what you already have?  Well now that I'm slimmer I have to buy a whole new wardrobe for every season.  I can't do it all at once so I'm just slowly adding things as my budget allows.

2. When was the last time you bought clothes for yourself?  Last Wednesday I hit up H&M hoping to pick up some stuff for fall, but didn't like any of the fall stuff.  Instead I found some good deals on a couple of tanks, basic tees, and a couple dressy tops.  I'll be sure to check in again next time my budget allows.

3. How often do you up date your wardrobe?  This depends entirely on my budget, but so far this year I've made updates 4 times.  I'm hoping for 2 more opportunities because I have nothing for fall/winter.

4. Do you have a set budget for buying new clothes?  When I find I have extra money I just decide on a portion that will be for clothes.  I don't have a fixed amount that is available all the time.

5.  When shopping for clothes, do you like to go alone or bring a friend along?  Now I like to go alone.  I spend a lot of time really looking around to see what is available, pondering a variety of styles, trying on a lot of items in varying sizes, and calculating sales/coupons.  My turtle shopping pace would drive most people crazy so I just go solo.

Follow me to Coping with Job Loss

Follow me to Birth Control

--------
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 2:57am
That's great. I know I've asked you before, but how did you lose the weight? I'm trying to shed a few lbs myself.

Check out The Limited.

That's good. I haven't really added anything to my fall clothes...yet. I'm looking for a trench coat for fall.

I'm saving up for a really nice spring wardrobe.

I like shopping for clothes along myself.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 5:20pm
I have a spring trench coat that will probably be wearable in the fall. I hadn't even thought of that til now actually. When I first started my weight loss a couple of years ago I just made a few dietary substitutions (whole wheat pasta/flour instead of white, low salt, low sugar, etc) and amped up my exercise routine (Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred was helpful). To lose the last bit this last year I used the 17 Day Diet and continued to exercise.
Follow me to Coping with Job Loss

Follow me to Birth Control

--------
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 11:32am
That's really good. I"ve been trying to cut back on junk food, and I've done pretty good, and I'm swimming more. I"m going today actually. All I really want is just a flatter tummy, that's my goal. But I guess any woman would want that.

How did you stay motovated?