X-Factor - 540 pound singer wows the crowd

iVillage Member
X-Factor - 540 pound singer wows the crowd
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 11:53am

Oh gosh... I don't normally watch the X-Factor, but dh insisted I watch the performance on-line of one of the contestants last night -- and I just had to share!

Freddie Combs was wheeled onto the stage by his wife and the looks the audience exchanged were ones of shock. When he shared that he used to weigh 920 pounds, that he almost died in 2009 and has since lost nearly 400 pounds, the crowd was really eager to hear him sing... and boy, did he!

I loved that Simon offered him a challenge... "When I heard you sing, I had a vision in my mind of you standing while singing that song--healthy, happy," Simon said. "Maybe you need some inspiration. I don't think you deserve to be stuck in that chair. We have to make a deal with each other: I'll back you, if you back yourself." L.A. offered Freddie an additional incentive, telling him, "Simon challenged you to stand. And if you stand, I'll stand right by you."
http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/reality-rocks/540-pound-singer-eddie-combs-vows-healthy-x-011219433.html

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 2:43am
Wow. To be so young and that heavy just blows my mind. How wonderful that his wife has stood by him all these years and he is motivated to continue on the road to healthy living. His voice was amazing and it would be great to see him standing as he shares his music.
Follow me to Coping with Job Loss

Follow me to Birth Control

--------