Today's Ultrasound ...

iVillage Member
Today's Ultrasound ...
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 1:32pm

... was a bit of a nightmare!  First of all, my SO always goes with me to my u/s appointments & late yesterday we found out that his mom had been rushed  to the hospital with what's called atrial flutterShe lives a little over 3 hours away & they took her to a hospital another 2 1/2 hours away from home, so he left late last night to drive home & then got up early this morning to take his dad over to the hospital to see herNeedless to say, I was on my own for the u/sI would have rescheduled, but it was at 8:30 am, first appt of the morning so I didn't have time to call & cancelI had to take my son with me & it took FOREVERLittle girl was NOT being cooperative in there & she refused to wiggle into any position that would allow the tech to get all the measurements & such that she neededAfter over an hour she decided that it was a lost cause & I have to go back in 2 weeksBy that time my darlin' little boy had goldfish crackers crumbled all over the floor around his stroller & his shirt was soaked from loosening the lid on his sippy cup & getting water all over himselfThe tech said that if I didn't already know the sex from my CVS, that she wouldn't have been able to tell me today anywayBaby was all curled up & had her legs up & crossed & was NOT about to put on a show for the genital police:smileyhappy:  I guess the good news is that my SO will get to go to the next u/s, so he didn't completely miss out anywaysOh, and his mom is doing much better ... thank God:smileyhappy:  The day isn't a total loss, but it sure started off in a not so pleasant fashion.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 3:38pm
Yeah! Now you're SO can go with you. I think your LO knew daddy wasn't around and made it difficult for the u/x tech... :smileyvery-happy:

Now I'm jealous of you and Amy for getting another peek at your LO in a couple weeks!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 10:10pm
Sorry it didn't go as planned. Hopefully it will go better in a couple of weeks.

Photobucket