32 week U/S!

iVillage Member
32 week U/S!
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 4:21pm

I had my u/s on Wednesday followed by my normal appointment, and… my placenta has not moved a cm. So, we scheduled my c-section for November 2 at 11:30 am. I am excited to finally have it scheduled because we have known since 20 weeks that there was a high probability of it happening.

On the u/s Aibhlin was sucking on her thumb all nestled in head down (body still transverse) on my right side. Her little fingers were wiggling around! Oh so cute!!!! She is getting too big to fit on the u/s screen now, well head and body at the same time. Her heart rate was a really good 154 and the fluid levels are right on target. I am measuring "right on track" according to my doctor.

We are going to do another u/s in 4 weeks to check position of placenta (since it does not hurt to just make sure) and the week after that is my c-section! I can't believe I only have 5 more weeks left! This has gone so fast!

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 9:03pm
Sorry, meant c-section date! Tired preggo brain strikes again :-)

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 9:03pm
Aw, darn that the placenta has stayed put, but you never know what may happen in the next few weeks. And even if it stays put, you'll get a chance to see your sweet little girl one more time before delivery, so you can't beat that! Glad that everything else is going well and that you have a u/s date, that's so exciting!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 5:52pm
Sorry to hear the placenta didn't move but at least you know when you are going to meet Aibhlin, unless she decides to come early of course.

Welcome to the end of your first pregnancy! The next five weeks will both fly by and creep. Fyi you are scheduled for your section on my due date, maybe we will have birthday buddies!
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!