OLD report

iVillage Member
OLD report
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 5:00pm

In a nutshell: there's not much to report. Having been off the site for almost a year, I had a flurry of emails and winks. There was one guy that seemed very promising. I replied to his email, he replied back but wanted to talk on the phone rather than exchange a few more emails. I used to like to talk on the phone before meeting but over the years I don't like talking to someone I don't know. I gave him my number anyway and he called. We talked for about 15 minutes, just getting to know you kind of things, and he asked if I wanted to have dinner the following Friday (it was Wednesday when we talked). I also would rather meet for a drink, not dinner. Well, I already had plans and asked if possibly the following week would work. He said he'd call me back Sunday to set something up. He didn't call. Usually when that happens, I write them off, but I felt I had nothing to lose, so on Thursday, I sent him a brief email through the site saying I'd still be interested in meeting if he were. Crickets.

So, OLD is living up to it's reputation once again. The good news is, I don't take it personally. 

Today I actually contacted a guy. I haven't done that in a really long time. He says he lives in the UK right now and is relocating to my city in about 6 weeks. Hmmm. We'll just see.

I even looked at some long distance profiles, but didn't contact them. Of course, they will see I viewed them (I hate that feature, it can't be turned off) so maybe they'll contact me, maybe I'll contact them later. I'm not fired up about long-distance, but it seems my city has run out of men or something.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 3:53pm

I totally agree that personality is important & probably more imporant than looks, but haven't you ever met someone you thought had a great personality but you just wouldn't date him because you physically weren't attracted to him? 

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 4:44pm
No, not since high school, and I very much regret it.

Pages