up and coming baby names...

iVillage Member
up and coming baby names...
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 5:24pm

that make you cringe!! or just a naming trend that makes you go "ug-another one??" a few years ago, my biggest naqming pet peeve was all the -aden names for boys. i like aiden and i can tolerate braden but jaden, hayden, kaiden, maden, etc. was too much!! im still not too keen on those but my newst pet peeve is the name PAISLEY for a girl. i cannot stand it. its a fabric pattern, not a child. its like using plaid or polka dot or stripes for a name-it just doesnt cut it for me. i have come across 3 in the last 2 weeks(granted-i havent actually seen the children named it-but one was on a message board, one was on facebook and one was on maury)...and i just shake my head.
another up and coming name for girls is violet. all because jennifer garner thought it was a good name. it IS a great name-it was a great name in 2000 when i named my oldest dd it and it was wayyyyyy down on the popularity list at #735 and in 2011 it was #101. but i guess in her peer group-the name isnt that popular-in 5 more years, it might be in the top 10...but she'll be 17 then so...now my other dds name-isabelle-is far more popular than her sisters. oh well...
thanks for listening to my vent and what are your opinions/pet peeves??
JOANNE 

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 1:23pm

Some of the names celebrities give their kids are ridiculous, and I don't understand why people would follow that trend, but if you look at the list of most popular names, they're all pretty normal. Personally, I prefer when people are named after someone, not their parents, but grandparents, or a special aunt or friend. I think it makes the name special.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 6:02am
I come here a bit, but I don't often comment. But, I had to comment on this!!! The name that's really up & coming that annoys the cr*p outta me is ADDISON, on a girl!!!! I named my son that almost 18 years ago. It's a good strong boys name that means 'Son of Adam'. It is NOT a girls name!!!!!!!!!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 6:24pm
I have a Violet too!
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 10:40am

I think you should search in google search engine there are lot of lists of new names for babies at there.