Hey I'm New

iVillage Member
Hey I'm New
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 9:02pm

Hey I'm Monica. I'm 20 years old with a 7 month old. I got pregnant at 19 and i never finished school or have a job so its pretty hard right now. I'm engaged to my baby's father who is btw 20 years older than me.That's not the issue though he's an excellent man. Its just idk how to get my life on track again and better myself so I can complete school and get off welfare!

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 9:03pm
Hello Monica! I am Cheyenne! Also 20 and mommy to a 15 month old and a 3 month old. Does you'd child's father support you guys? Also I'm not sure about where you are, but does your local school district have an adult Ed program? Most of those will provide you free of charge help with gettin your GED. My husband is working on his right now at 26. Also there are programs through the department of health and human services call TANF(temporary assistance for needy families) that will help you go back to school or work. They help cover the cost of child care and supplies you need for school or work. It's an awesome program aimed towards helping parents get back in their feet! They will even help with transportation cost such as some repairs and car insurance sometimes. Maybe that's something you can look into getting help from?
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers