Cloth Diapers ... anyone??

iVillage Member
Cloth Diapers ... anyone??
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 9:49pm

So does anyone use cloth diapers?  I didn't think it was anything that I was remotely interested, but I was watching Shark Tank this evening & they had a woman on there who had these cloth diapers called Fuzzibunz & it got me interested.  I think my main concern is the gross factor.  I can't help but thinking that it would be just plain way too icky for me to want to deal with for poopy diapers.  It's just easier to roll it up & throw it all away.  I guess I was just wondering if any of you ladies had any experience with going this route & what you thought of it.

Here's a link to the website for the Fuzzibunz diapers that caught my attention: http://www.fuzzibunzonline.com/ 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 11:35pm
I watched a LOT of videos on youtube too. They help so much. Carla The Bubblelush has some good videos.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 11:34pm
We used disposables when out of the house. It was easier for the people watching him. I did use cloth on an outing once and just brought a wet bag with me. It worked out just fine.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 10:01pm
I'm considering cloth diapers and so far DH is on board but I do the laundry for the most part. I'm not sure if he will help with the diaper washing. They offer a cloth diaper class that I'm trying to take before I go too crazy buying them. I'm hoping DH comes with so he can say if he's still on board with the idea.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 8:36pm
Also, they have hybrid diapers that you can put disposable or cloth inserts in them for traveling, babysitters, etc. I think Flip and GroVia are the most popular. Charlie Banana and Gdiapers are hybrids too. Otherwise, all you have to do is get a special wet bag to throw the cloth diaper in until you get home.
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 8:29pm
I'm cloth diapering this little one. There are actually some amazing videos on YouTube that really helped me figure out what I needed to get started and made me feel not as intimidated by the mess. I've stocked up on GroVia diapers so far and plan on getting some BumGenius and fuzzibuns. Several moms have told me to get a variety of diapers to start and see what works best for your baby. You can also get liners for the diapers that are flushable so that cuts down on the mess somewhat. You can also get one of those hoses that hooks up directly to your toilet so you can rinse the diapers before putting them I the pail. Definitely check out YouTube though. Wealth of information.
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 5:46pm

What about for diaper changes when you weren't at home?  Did you just use disposable then?  Because if you're at the mall & need to change a dirty one there's no diaper pail to put it in.  :smileyhappy: 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 10:20am
Ethan still won't do it. Every time I am pregnant I make poor Bryan run up and down the stairs for me. I tell him it is one of the ways he earns his video game privileges. LOL Someday he will have a wife who appreciates the fact that I taught him how to do the laundry.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 10:15am
Brandon actually does it the majority of the time, although I hate to admit it. Mostly because we live in a bi-level and he doesn't want me running up and down the steps carrying a basket in case I fall. So, the cloth diapers might just be up to him this time... lol
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 10:08am
Ethan never ever helps with the laundry so he doesn't care. HA HA HA
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 8:39am
I'm still up in the air about whether or not I'm going to do it. I talked to DH about it and he'd much rather just buy diapers and be done with it, since he helps out a lot with the laundry. However, I really wanted to do it to save the extra money. I know how expensive diapers are especially when I had 2 kids in them at the same time. I just don't want to have to spend money where I don't have to. So, I'm still debating!
Photobucket

Pages