Oh and one more thing... I forgot to mention...

iVillage Member
Oh and one more thing... I forgot to mention...
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 11:18pm

So a married man is really doing everything in his power to get my attention.. I mean EVERYTHING!!! Geesh, these unattaible folks really will do what it takes to get what they want.  This is almost mimicle to what XAP did years prior.  Only difference is now..1.  I can see through all of your compliments and invites and promises and reasons for wanting to be in an affair.  2.  BTDT!!!  I dont even find it flattering at all!  I would have been 5 years ago even a year ago.  I did tell this man NO and bluntly said you are a married man!  How would your wife feel about you and I going out.  He told me she is fine with his lifestyle choice and they are only married on paper.  Told him yes but would love to meet the wife.  He stopped :-D  Thank goodness.. he was getting on my nerves! LOL

Lesson learned 

Thank you life!

iVillage Member

Great SHUTDOWN!

Realistically, it is up to you to shut him down.  Every time he fishes, and you don't..........well it's just a sign that you are will to play the game.

Glad you are back.

Rather....

We only miss what could have been. I know I don't miss what it really was.

iVillage Member
Too bad that single men weren't as persistent LOL. But this guy had no chance. I will not let the last 5 years of my life go in vain. I will take it and use the pain and tears I have cried and use it as a guide for my spotless future!

Claire :-)
iVillage Member

You know what will stop him? Tell him the next time he disrespects you with inappropriate behavior you will tell his W. Look at him like you mean it and make sure you strengthen your boundaries with MM so they know before they even try to come after you that you don't play second to ANY woman.  It's a look that you can give a MM which tells them don't even try to disrespect you. When you think about it, it really is an insult for a MM to come on to you. He's saying to you upfront that he doesn't respect himself, you, his W or his M vows, and he thinks you will hide and keep his dirty little secret while stroking his ego. The fact that he is doing EVERYTHING to get your attention says a lot about you and how strong you are at letting MM know you are off limits for their inappropriate behavior. He must see that you are willing to compromise. If he seriously knew that there was NO WAY that you would become his OW he would stop trying and show you the respect that you deserve. And for the record single men do some on to you strong when you show confidence and strength.