harvest moon

iVillage Member
harvest moon
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 6:58am
Have you seen the moon? What is going on at your place this week? Got plans?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: elle_fl
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 3:52pm
The moon is gorgeous! I noticed it when I was up at 3:30 in the morning cleaning up the mess of top ramen and rice a roni that my dog decided to open and spread all over the living room. My fault for leaving the pantry open, but usually once we go to bed, he never leaves our room. Of course he ate half of it before scattering bits of chewed up styrafoam, cardboard and paper, along with raw ramen and rice all over the living room. I've learned my lesson about that pantry (but the moon was pretty!) Today Ashleigh moved into an apartment. DH is out of town, so her boyfriend and his Dad came and helped us. They were a HUGE help! It went really quickly and she is beyond excited. This is her first place that is all hers....no roommates. I think she is going to love living there. I liked the vibe of the area she is in.
Tomorrow I'm going out to lunch and to see a movie with a group of friends. Monday I go to see the orthopedic surgeon to find out if I have to have surgery on my knee. My physical therapist said she is pretty sure they will want to operate, but we'll see.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 4:53pm
No but I'll make a point of looking this evening - gorgeous day, did yard work got pumpkins and bushes and some asters, baked, did laundry, framed some of ds's paintings, went grocery shopping, to the library and hope to take a walk with dh later. DS stopped by (to eat and drop off some bills) and is on his way to work now. Tomorrow dh and I are going to an art fair and then to a local small railroad (they give rides to little kids) as his radio buddies will be there; supposed to be gorgeous like today - wish we had this weather year round.

Sue
iVillage Member
In reply to: janetlz
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 5:09pm

Hope you don't need surgery, camom.  Did you have a prior injury or is it a chronic condition?

We have gorgeous weather here in the D.C. area, too.  Except for a trip to the grocery store, I stayed in today, catching up on paperwork and some cleaning.  Yesterday at the gym I did something to my foot--seems like it could be a stress fracture, 5th metatarsal.  After walking lopsided for the past day and a half, I've got an aching back, hip and knee.  I suppose I'll go for an xray Monday if it's not better by then.  It seems so minor, especially compared to a condition that requires knee surgery, but I don't want to end up needing foot surgery if it's actually worse than it feels.

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.pnhp.org/news/2009/october/meet_the_new_health_.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQTBYQlQ7yM

Community Leader
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 8:51pm
It is lovely!! Ds had a football game in the morning, they won. Then I had a training at work, boo, but it was actually good. We are going to church and then the zoo for a bit tomorrow. We will host our regular bridge game.

Ramona  Mom to 2 great kids and wife to one wonderful hubby since 1990!

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 10:13pm
I have a large tear in my meniscus and a Baker's cyst behind the knee. I think I injured it at the gym in late june. I've been doing physical therapy for the past 2 months and it hasn't improved. My swelling is actually worse. The therapist said she is expecting the ortho doc to want to do surgery. We'll see. I just want it fixed. I'm tired of hurting.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 7:40am
Ouch! Hope you can get it resolved soon!
iVillage Member
In reply to: janetlz
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 9:09am

Oooooo, that must hurt.  After three months, I"m sure you are ready to get a permanent fix for your knee.  The knee injurees I've known were glad they had surgery, and were back at the gym within months.  I hope things go smoothly for you, too.

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.pnhp.org/news/2009/october/meet_the_new_health_.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQTBYQlQ7yM

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 10:21am
Hi Sharon, Does Ashleigh having her own place open up loads of decorating discussions? Is she choosing her favorite colors from her childhood or has her choices changed? I have had meniscus removed from my knee however never had a bakers cyst. A surgeon's answer always seems to be surgery :smileywink: Did you get cortisone shots?
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 10:30am
Hi Sue, You sound like you have completed your to do list! Good work! You should share photos of your boy's art! Are your leaves starting to change colors? My husband planted some seeds I had saved last year... I don't remember what I saved ...I was betting on pumpkins ...the little buds almost look oblong so he thinks maybe watermelon but they were white seeds so I am hoping butternut squash. They have fuzz too so who knows??
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 10:38am
Hi Jean, Did you hear something pop in your foot at the gym? Can you put on shoes? No more grocery shopping if your foot is hurting! You need to do that RICE treatment rest ice compress Relaxation elevation stuff!

Pages