DD3 was thrown for a loop yesterday.

iVillage Member
DD3 was thrown for a loop yesterday.
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 7:17am

She has been at the company she works at for just shy of 3 months.  Technically she is still in training mold, next week she goes to Atlanta for some.  Yesterday her boss left, which immediately upped her work load.  Then the CEO said that they are not going to replace the boss but get DD3 an  assistant.

I do not know any of the details.  I have not talked to her, this is all through DH. The fact that the boss left with no warning is not a good sign.  DD3 really liked her.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 8:57am
So much for 2 weeks' notice! I hope she's not expecting a recommendation from that employer leaving like that! Hope dd can manage!
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 8:54pm

Had dinner with DD3 this evening.  There is not much more to the story.

I was mistaken.  The trip to Atlanta is not training.  

The boss that left was going with her.  Then on Thursday she told DD3 that it would be her last day.  She was leaving by 11:00.  She asked DD3 to help take some of her stuff out to her car because she did not want everyone to know yet that she was leaving.

As I said in the OP they are not hiring a replacement for the boss but a hiring a paid intern as an assistant for DD3.   A senior so that when they graduate they can move into a regular position. 

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 12:35pm

Yes, DD1 is in banking,  I think her title is personal banker.  DD2 teaches 1st grade.   DD3 works in credit card  compliance.

I got to thinking, her boss was going to the training with her so maybe it was more of an annual type training than new hire training.

Community Leader
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 11:43am

I'll bet that was a shocker! It sounds like they're moving your dd into her bosses position, while still in training? Does she know how to reach the former boss, maybe she can get an idea of what happened...you'll have to tell us more when you get the full story. I'm sorry but I don't remember what work your dd3 is doing :smileyembarrassed:...dd1 is in banking and dd2 is a teacher? Maybe you'd better refresh my memory as to what each of them does!