BBT Charting making me crazy!

iVillage Member
BBT Charting making me crazy!
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 8:38am

Hi everyone, my question is this: how sensitive is our BBT to movement prior to taking temp or restless sleep (hitting the snooze button of DH's alarm is earlier than mine) prior to taking temp?   I'm asking because it seems ever since I started charting BBT, I've been sleeping very poorly at night - every time I wake up to move around, I fully wake up wondering if I should be taking my temp or not.  Ugh!   Also, I have a 2.5-year-old who sometimes wakes up an hour or 2 before my alarm, and I put him back to bed, but then I toss and turn...and so on and so on.      I've been putting notes in my FF chart each time, but I'm wondering if I can even trust my BBT chart?   FF had a hard time detecting the day I ovulated last month, and I think it's because of this.  I did a manual override, cause I have it narrowed down to 3 days based on CM.   Trying is so stressful!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 2:34pm
Girl dont I know!! My DH's alarm goes off at 5 and mine set for 7 to take my bbt. Sometimes I get woken up early by an alarm or by my dd. I just take it then and make a note. You need three hrs of consecutive sleep and if awake and tossing and turning will elevate that temp. I would test early if needed. But don't stress it!! Stress and ttc don't mix!
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 5:24pm

LOL! I feel your pain! Between my partners alarm clock, having to pee, the dog, my 7 y/o’s bad sleeping habits and my electric blanket , it’s a wrap for me too!