The Curse of the Holy Pail by Sue Ann Jaffarian

iVillage Member
The Curse of the Holy Pail by Sue Ann Jaffarian
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 8:42am

This was the 2nd in the Odelia Grey mystery series.  It was a goodie!  I read it in 3 days.  Someone was found murdered in the second chapter and it continued on.  Lots of twists and turns in this one.  I had my suspicions right from the beginning, was almost positive by 3/4 of the way through when 2 more murders were committed and had to read how the first murder was pulled off.  My suspicions were correct toward the end, though they had changed somewhat from what I first thought had happened.  To make a long story short, this book kept me second guessing myself all the way through it..  It obviously kept me guessing and it was good enough that I had my nose in the book for most of the past 3 days.

BOOK SYNOPSIS:  "It's just a %$*# lunchbox! Probably reeks of sour milk seasoned with rust.  At least, that's what Odelia Grey thinks when millionaire Sterling Price shows her the crown jewel of his lunchbox collection.  So why are people willing to cheat, lie, steal, and even die for it?  Once again, the unforgettable, plus-size amateur sleuth Odelia Grey finds herself in the thick of things in The Curse of the Holy Pail.

Happy Reading!

Bev