Registry? Baby shower?

iVillage Member
Registry? Baby shower?
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 10:04am

Hi everyone :smileyhappy: So I'm 17 wks pregnant.. and this is my 3rd pregnancy. First born was our precious baby boy delivered a sleeping angel, but my second was my rainbow baby.. a healthy thriving little girl who is now 3.. amazing me each day. Awesome kiddo.. so smart.. so sweet.. I'm very blessed :smileyhappy:

Anyway.. this baby is my fiance's first. Neither of our families live close by. His sister and family are wanting him so bad to register! We probably will since it's his first and they want so much to celebrate and help.

But my firance was also talking about planning a baby shower for me. I know some people think it's tacky to do that with a second child. My first is nearly 3 1/2 years old. I have no baby stuff left.. but it's not like we can't swing it on our own. But, I figure if we do it.. it should be a jack and jill party so he and his friends can be part of it as well. IF we decide to do it.

In my opinion.. EVERY baby deserves celebrating :smileyhappy: But I'm not looking to fish for gifts.. and it's not like we have alotta people nearby to invite anyway. Maybe people we work with and a few close friends and their families.

What do you guys think?

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 11:10am

Go for it!!! Like you said, its not really about the gifts, but the joy of bringing a new baby into the world! And a Jck and Jill would be nice, a good way to incliude dad, especially sine this is his first. This ia also my husbands first and I am doing a Jack and Jill as well (well...for one of the showers, I will have two, one where we live and one in my hometown).

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 8:53am

I agree....it's your fiancee's first and I'm sure his family wants to spoil you both a bit!

This is my fourth child.  I had a shower for my first but not for 2 & 3.  I am registering for this one because it is also a first with my new husband and also, my last child was born 11 years ago.....talk about having NOTHING!  THe only thing I saved was an adjustable fleece pouch for baby wearing.  That's it!  I'm not expecting anything but I have a feeling that the families will want to throw us something this time around.

Register....and have fun with it! :smileywink:

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 8:52pm

IMO, I think a baby shower will be great!  Like you said, every baby deserves celebrating!  :smileyhappy:

I, personally, never had a baby shower with DS#2 and DS#3. They were all boys, so no reason.  BUT this baby is a girl, and I have been begging for a shower!  LoL  We had nothing when I found out I was pregnant, and I'm not working now due to having a high risk pregnancy, so we really can't afford to start over without a little help.  I'm very creative, crafty, and can sew, so I'll be making lots of stuff thanks to Pinterest! 

Anyways, I'm off topic!  I bet if you two get a baby shower together, your families will come together to celebrate!  Have fun, and register! :smileyhappy:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker