Ultrasound yesterday

iVillage Member
Ultrasound yesterday
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 10:23am

I had an ultrasound yesterday just so that I could see the baby.  Yes, my doctor is awesome!  He knows how worried I've been.  It started off not so great while I was in the waiting room.  I drank the water that I was supposed to and by appointment time my bladder was SO full I was near tears.  I could barely move, plus I was afraid if I did I'd pee all over.  The tech said she only needed two pics with a full bladder so she had me quick lay down and do those, then she let me go pee.  I swear, torture on a preggo lady is not letting them pee!  So then I felt MUCH better and was ready to get started again.  I'm 14 1/2 weeks along and they checked to make sure the bleed from earlier in the pregnancy had healed, it did!  Then the tech went along and did everything else she needed to do.  The baby was very active.  My husband and kids where there and it was so fun to hear the excitement from all of them.  My 5 1/2 daughter asked the tech "so is it a girl?!" Right away the tech said it's still too early to be sure.  We don't want to know, so I was happy with her response.  Overall it was an awesome appointment and everything went well.  After we got home the tech called back and said she forgot to get the heartrate because the baby was turned and she couldn't see what she needed.  She asked me to come back in.  I went back in and that time the baby was sleepy.  It was lounging in my belly rubbing it's eyes.  It was so cool to see that.  She checked the heart, all was well and I was on my way back home.  It was a great day!

Becky

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 7:40pm

I was cracking up at the "full bladder" part!  I have so been there!  LoL  Glad to hear she let you go pee!  Whew! 

That's amazing you had a GREAT u/s!  I love that the baby was rubbing his or her eyes!  So sweet! 

Oh, and Kuddos to you for being Team Green!  I couldn't do it!  :smileyhappy:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 8:38am

So glad to hear that baby is looking good!  I was squirming in my chair just reading about the full bladder part!!!

I think it's exciting that you are going green team.  I did it with my first and though I wanted to know with my second he kept his legs crossed so I ended up on the green team with my 2nd as well.  I found out with number three and will with this one but there is nothing like the excitement of finding out in the delivery room!!!

BabyName Ticker