iVillage Member
Weekend Wonders
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 11:50am

What's YOUR wonder this weekend?

&nb

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 12:03pm

So last night was lovely.  We had a good dinner, and we visited with the kids.  It was fun!  :smileyhappy: 

This morning, I've done my usual housekeeping with a major focus on the refrigerator.  The fridge is much improved, but only partly done.  I'll do more soon. 

I also have homemade applesauce in the crock pot.

I've earned another 45 minutes in the scrap corner to add to the 3 hours I had left from the week after yesterday, and I'm planning to go downstairs in a few minutes to work in the storage room, the gym, the utility room, and the scrap corner to earn another 45 minutes.  I also MUST start laundry.  It's been *weeks* since I washed a single load.

In a few hours, I'll sweep the kitchen floor, then load up the recyclables waiting beside the van and drop them off at the church before a soccer game where one of my boys is playing against two others in a huge school rivalry.  I'll stop at the grocery store after to pick up some more flaxseed for my oatmeal, and a few veggies.  Then I'll come back home and work on laundry some more/play in my scrap corner before a hog roast at my BIL/SIL's.

Red and Cowboy work tomorrow, so it's likely I can play some more tomorrow if I don't get all 4.5 hours in today (and it isn't likely that I will).  What?!?!?  Three days of scrapping in a ROW?  Holy COW! 

In the sorting of scraps, I've discovered I have a RIDICULOUS amount of scraps that I could work from simply to make cards, so I'm going to try to make a bunch of cards/card kits with the scraps I have on hand once I get things ready for the Christmas Sale in November.  I also have a LOT of very narrow strips perfect for quilling, which is something I'd like to learn to do better.  So ... yeah ... it's all good.

&nb
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 12:28pm

Good Morning! I've had a piano lesson, picked up bagels, had breakfast, sat in the car while Natasha drove to the high school for crew, drove home, drove right back again when she called to say NONE of the doors were open, sat while she drove home. Now about to:

make garlicky tomato basil soup (ended up not having time the other day)

can several batches of pickled peppers with DH

Work in the yard (it is GOREGEOUS today - windows already open) I could wash the webs out of some windows, but I'll probably work on the dead grass garden re-bricking project.

scrap plan/order photos.

Watch the Marching Band competition this evening. Our band plays at 9-ish, so we'll watch before that, then home to get the other girls in bed, then pick N up at the school around midnight.

Tomorrow Sarah's bells choir plays at both services, and more outside stuff. And maybe a trip to bed bath & Beyond for some reusable K-cups.

Michelle
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 12:32pm
Woioo! You go with the scrapping girl!
Michelle
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 1:43pm

I wonder if I will get through it? ;-)

Up this morning and off to Sarah's volleyball game.  They lost, their first loss of the season.  But they played well and the other team was good.  Started laundry before the first game.  Home and rebooted laundry.  Sarah is mowing the lawn and Em did some quick chores and now is pre-pre-preparing for homecoming.  She'll be picked up in about 20 minutes to go to the first pre-preparing location, and then from there go to the final getting ready, pictures, and dinner place.  Then to the dance, and an after-dance party followed by a sleepover (girls only). 

I got the grocery list ready and will be heading out to do shopping when I am done with this post.  DH is off getting a wedding present and card for a friend of his.  Wedding is at 4:30, reception at 6:30.  I need to shower and shave my legs some time before the wedding.

Tomorrow morning Sarah has to be at another church to sing with the school jr. high choir at 7:30.  They sing in both the 8:00 and 10:30 service.  DH and I will go to the 10:30 service.  After the service, we will go to pick up Em from the sleepover.  The after party is in Fremont, did I mention that?  About half an hour away.  We need to go to the library sometime.  And there is a family picnic starting at 2:30 or 3:00.

I think that is all....

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Karens siggy
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 3:30pm

Had to set an alarm for this moring.  Will had to be ready to work at 9 will be working all day, its 2 now.  I need to have dinner ready early (5) cuz the next change over is at 6 and he will have to be back to the computer by then. 

Diva text and asked me to watch smiley.  She was going car shopping.  So I have had her since 930.  She found a car and bought it.  she is paying cash. she doesn't want any payments besides her mortgage.  Probably have smiley a couple more hours before she is done with that and back.

I took smiley and picked my mom up and went to the grocery, I had not been for 2 weeks, only forgot a couple things but spent 200!  the boys helped me unload and unpack.  C helped me seal all the meat up with the vacuum sealer.

I have finished all but one load of laundry, but I always do it all on saturday morning.

I have chicken in the pot simmering, will take to making home made noodles in a bit. 

after smiley leaves I will start actually packing and making a pile for the scrappy trip. Everyone pray that af shows up early  like monday or tuesday!

well its now 330 and I am just getting back to finish the post.

hopefully everyone is having a good day.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 6:35pm
Sounds like a *productive* gorgeous day! Those are the best kind, don't you think? I seriously can get SO much more done on days like this than days when it's over 80 degrees!

Have fun tonight! I'm rooting for your band!

&nb
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 6:36pm
HA! Didn't get there yet today, but got everything else done. Headed to the hog roast soon. Who knew soccer games took two hours? Not me. Might scrap a little when I get home tonight. Definitely tomorrow afternoon. :smileyhappy:

&nb
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 6:38pm
Oh, dear! I HOPE you will! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}} Have fun at the wedding! Relax and breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeathe ......

&nb
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 6:39pm
YEAAAA for a new car! and YEAAAA for smiley time! and YEAAAA for help with the groceries!!!

You got all but one load of laundry done, and I got ONE load of laundry STARTED. Will try to do more tomorrow afternoon. Chicken and noodles sounds heavenly ... :smileyhappy: Enjoy some for me~

&nb
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 7:35pm
:smileyhappy: hopefully you enjoyed your hog roast and your own productive day!

I hope you find time to use up all that scrappy time you have earned.

Well Will's call started at 6, its now 730 and they are still chatting away...... oy hope it doesn't last too late so that he can relax some, he is at 10 hours for today already.
Oh how I wish he got overtime..... he would have tripled his check in the last week.....
Photobucket

Pages