SB Healthy Me: Oct 1st - 7th

iVillage Member
SB Healthy Me: Oct 1st - 7th
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 2:16pm

SB HEALTHY ME: Oct 1st - Oct 7th

Please share the things you did to work towards a *healthier* and therefore *happier* you!

Exercise: Any exercise whether it was walking, housework, going to the gym, gardening! All activity counts.

Healthy diet choices: You made, or didn't make!

Water: Did you drink enough?

Diet Plan if applicable: For those going to TOPS, Weight Watchers or similar we would really like to know how you are going.

Smiles : Give and Get?

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 10:32pm
twig04 wrote:
It's just a week, how much damage can be done? LOL
Enjoy your trip and your food, the calories /weight gain can be she quickly when you get home. Weight gained while travelling rarely stays with you,,,, and you'll be doing a lot of extra walking. I find I've always lost about 6 lbs on a trip regarding of how/what I eat......

Oh, believe me Suzan, I could easily gain 10 lbs in a week if I ate heavy duty foods every day!! It would take me about three weeks to lose it again too!! That would not  be good for weighing in at TOPS. If I come home weighing less than when I started, it would only be because I worked on it, not from all the walking. The 2 lbs I had gained did come back off again this morning, but I know I put it and probably more on today from the delicious dinner I had at an Italian restaurant tonight! I planned on enjoying this particular meal to the max, though, and will be doing better from now on. 

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 2:29pm
It's just a week, how much damage can be done? LOL
Enjoy your trip and your food, the calories /weight gain can be she quickly when you get home. Weight gained while travelling rarely stays with you,,,, and you'll be doing a lot of extra walking. I find I've always lost about 6 lbs on a trip regarding of how/what I eat......
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 11:15pm
You're doing well Donna!
Nice going on having lost that 5 though :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 9:15pm

Last night here in Branson, MO, we ate at a bbq restaurant. Delicious!!! Then we shared an apple dumpling with vanilla ice cream. I only had three small bites!! That sure was good!!

I brought my bathroom scale with me and it showed this morning that I'm up 2 lbs, had lost the 5 lbs I had gained before. Not bad, but it's hard finding foods that are low cal, so I'm going for small portions instead. No way to count the calories anyway. Having a fun time doing fun stuff!! 

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 1:30pm
how about Apple Crumble warm with vanilla ice cream? ohhhhhhh my I'm getting hungry.
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 1:09pm
twig04 wrote:
Thinking you had better pick all those appples and make sugarless applesauce,,, easier on the waistline... but gotta love a nice piece of homemade apple pie,,,, does he make a lattice crust?

Dh make a lattice crust...that's funny.  lol

He does use whole wheat flour and low sugar, low fat.  I'm personally tired of pies now.

I don't like applesauce.  I'd rather eat the apple raw.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 9:49am
Am doing so-so Suzan,
The food is easier for me than the exercise ::blush::
However will be back to regular walking next week with my friend which I can't wait for :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 8:07am
how are you doing with your exercise and healthy eating plan Hugs.... you never seem to say.....
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 5:17pm
Sounds like a terrific day for you Wednesday Suzan,
LOL on the *eye* exercise .. some one has to do it might as well be you.
Glad you enjoyed!
Very weird when a holiday comes mid week.
Hope the rest of your week is a good one :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 3:52pm
Let's see, Suzan for Wed:
Not a bad day, weather was sunny and lovely. Dh and I cleaned the office today. Then we went out to lunch , a typical German meal which involved a bready dumpling and sauce with mushrooms in it. Then I had a scoop of Haagen Dazs (Coffee ice cream). Then we walked it off. Got home and did some garden work,,, actually for me it was more eye & mouth exercise as dh did the actual work and I supervised. LOL okay, okay okay it was only eye exercise but we need to do that too as we get older ! LOL

Our dinner was very healthy. Homemade chicken noodle soup and then green beans in olive oil, ............... hard to explain it,, and water .

It is a holiday here so has me all goofed up on my days... weird when the holiday is iin the middle of the week isn't it?

So OVER & OUT!

Pages