SB Healthy Me: Oct 1st - 7th

iVillage Member
SB Healthy Me: Oct 1st - 7th
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 2:16pm

SB HEALTHY ME: Oct 1st - Oct 7th

Please share the things you did to work towards a *healthier* and therefore *happier* you!

Exercise: Any exercise whether it was walking, housework, going to the gym, gardening! All activity counts.

Healthy diet choices: You made, or didn't make!

Water: Did you drink enough?

Diet Plan if applicable: For those going to TOPS, Weight Watchers or similar we would really like to know how you are going.

Smiles : Give and Get?

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 1:21am

Woe is me!! At weigh-in tonight, I gained 5.2 lbs from my binging on pie and cake and whatever else I age that was above my calorie limit last week!! It's okay, I deserved the punishment!! I'm over it beginning Monday and on track and moving forward again.

I was the Biggest Loser of the Month again for September though. That's four months in a row!! It will be my last month to win it, though, as a member who hasn't been to meetings since last year returned tonight. She's regained a lot of weight and has a LOT to lose. When she puts her mind to it, she can lose 8 - 10 lbs per week!! For awhile she can anyway until she's lost a bunch then she'll lose normal amounts. I really hope she does it and wish her well for she needs to lose that weight again!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 2:19am
You'll be feeling better soon and out of the blues and back on the treadmill and your regimented eating plan real soon. ;O)
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 2:21am
Well while that is quite a big gain , it will fall right off when you are back to your regular diet... glad you enjoyed your sweets though when you did. Enjoy your hot veggie soup, sounds good!
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 9:33am

I've been trying to exercise every day.  Having some lower back pain so taking it easy.  Yesterday did treadmill for 30 min and some great upper body strength training/stretching on some machines at the gym.

Diet has been so-so.  My dh keeps making apple pies!   We have many apples ripe on the trees in the backyard now.  They are almost done for the year.  Have several varieties but golden delicious is my favorite.  :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 10:31am
Thinking you had better pick all those appples and make sugarless applesauce,,, easier on the waistline... but gotta love a nice piece of homemade apple pie,,,, does he make a lattice crust?
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 3:52pm
Let's see, Suzan for Wed:
Not a bad day, weather was sunny and lovely. Dh and I cleaned the office today. Then we went out to lunch , a typical German meal which involved a bready dumpling and sauce with mushrooms in it. Then I had a scoop of Haagen Dazs (Coffee ice cream). Then we walked it off. Got home and did some garden work,,, actually for me it was more eye & mouth exercise as dh did the actual work and I supervised. LOL okay, okay okay it was only eye exercise but we need to do that too as we get older ! LOL

Our dinner was very healthy. Homemade chicken noodle soup and then green beans in olive oil, ............... hard to explain it,, and water .

It is a holiday here so has me all goofed up on my days... weird when the holiday is iin the middle of the week isn't it?

So OVER & OUT!
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 5:17pm
Sounds like a terrific day for you Wednesday Suzan,
LOL on the *eye* exercise .. some one has to do it might as well be you.
Glad you enjoyed!
Very weird when a holiday comes mid week.
Hope the rest of your week is a good one :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 8:07am
how are you doing with your exercise and healthy eating plan Hugs.... you never seem to say.....
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 9:49am
Am doing so-so Suzan,
The food is easier for me than the exercise ::blush::
However will be back to regular walking next week with my friend which I can't wait for :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 1:09pm
twig04 wrote:
Thinking you had better pick all those appples and make sugarless applesauce,,, easier on the waistline... but gotta love a nice piece of homemade apple pie,,,, does he make a lattice crust?

Dh make a lattice crust...that's funny.  lol

He does use whole wheat flour and low sugar, low fat.  I'm personally tired of pies now.

I don't like applesauce.  I'd rather eat the apple raw.

Photobucket