SB Healthy Me: Oct 1st - 7th

iVillage Member
SB Healthy Me: Oct 1st - 7th
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 2:16pm

SB HEALTHY ME: Oct 1st - Oct 7th

Please share the things you did to work towards a *healthier* and therefore *happier* you!

Exercise: Any exercise whether it was walking, housework, going to the gym, gardening! All activity counts.

Healthy diet choices: You made, or didn't make!

Water: Did you drink enough?

Diet Plan if applicable: For those going to TOPS, Weight Watchers or similar we would really like to know how you are going.

Smiles : Give and Get?

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 3:29pm

Best wishes for a successful and healthy October everyone!!

I'm in my three weeks now of higher calories, hate these in-between weeks even though it's fun eating different foods now. Mid October, around the 15th I think, I'll be going back on my strict plan again and working very hard to reach goal before Thanksgiving!! I can do it!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 4:23pm
Hi Donna, I wish you a successful month also.
As you saw in my woe is me thread, I didn't have a successful afternoon today, but jeepers it sure was fun finding a brand new cafe to drink tea at. LOL That was kind of a farewell to cake experience. Will start to get serious now. ;O)
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 1:51am

Suzan, we both went over our limit today!! I had a piece of cherry pie at the restaurant after dinner!! That piece alone was 608 calories!! Yikes!!! Oh, well, I know we both enjoyed our indulgences and tomorrow is another day..lol!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 10:32am
Good luck to all!
I know you will do this Donna :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 2:08pm
I don't beat myself up when I eat something I shouldn't. I'm aware of it and eliminate something else to make it all even ;O)
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 10:53pm
twig04 wrote:
I don't beat myself up when I eat something I shouldn't. I'm aware of it and eliminate something else to make it all even ;O)

Well, Suzan, I'm beating myself up tonight!! I had more sugar!! I ate a good sized piece of cake at the baby shower today that had frosting so sickening sweet I could hardly eat it!! Wouldn't you think I'd just push the frosting aside?? Noooo...ate it all!! Now I'm feeling overly tired, dragged down, and a little headachy since I got back home around 5:30, and just not well. Darned sugar is almost like poison to me!! Okay, lesson learned, punishment accepted and moving on now. Tomorrow WILL be a better day!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 5:56am
Hi D,
still don't beat yourself up over it , what's done is done. It happened, makes you ill, next time you go to dive into a piece of cake you most likely won't ;O)

have a good week and take a couple extra laps around the block with J on your arm, we still want to hear that you're the biggest loser this week.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 12:31pm

Thank you for your kind words Suzan. I am so totally over my indulging!! The thought of eating cake right now makes me want to gag! I guess I needed to get out of line for awhile, but I am totally finished with that now. I have a big pot of homemade veggie soup with legumes cooking right now and I told J that that is all I will be eating from now uniil all of eternity to make up for my errors..LOL!!

I won't be a loser at all this week at TOPS for I have gained some, but I will be again after this week! :smileyhappy:

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 5:51pm

Whether it's from the change in the weather or my routine or upcoming and unknown medical stuff, I'm fighting a spell of the blues. That makes it especially hard to stick to a plan. I'll do the best I can and keep goodies out of sight (if not out of the house) and hope I can at least maintain the status quo until I feel more like myself.