Painting the baby's room...

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Painting the baby's room...
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 2:26pm

So, we decided not to find out the sex of our first child.  I really have the urge to paint the bedroom gray, not dark gray, but a light gray.  I thought this would be a great neutral color because it would be easy to accent it with greens and yellows.  I'm having several people telling me that gray is such a cold color and you don't want that for your baby's room.  I'm torn but I would like some opinions! :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 3:48pm
We painted our son's room a sort of medium to dark grey. And we painted one accent wall a bright orange. Then there are lots of orange accents throughout. You could definitely get away with grey and bright accents for either sex. I personally love his room - it's my favorite in the house. And everyone that sees it thinks it's so fun!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 4:43pm

I have my living room painted a light gray.  I love it.  Makes the other colors in the couch/rug pop.

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 6:20pm

I painted our family room dark grey (a Martha Steward color from Home Depot). I have bright yellow curtains with with trim. I think it's awesome.  I was super nervous after I rolled the first few rolls on the wall but it really came together.  I say go for it!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 3:39pm

I agree, I love the thought of grey too! We are renting an apartment so we can't do anything more then hang pictures lol.

So many colors will look good with it, no matter what shade you choose! Besides, it's YOUR baby, not the people rolling their eyes! Do what you think will look good :smileyhappy:

*AUBREY* --- Mommy to Kadin, born on December 3rd 2007 & Korbin, born May 20th 2013!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 8:26pm

I have seen so many cute gray nurseries on Pinterest.  Gray with pink, or gray with aqua and yellow - very cool.  I say go for it.