car seats

iVillage Member
car seats
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 3:04pm

Looking at car seats today I am so surprised how much they've changed just since my DD was a newborn in 09.  I am having difficulty choosing (my parents want to get it for us for Christmas so they are asking me to tell them which kind).  Does anyone have a recommendation for an infant seat that they love?  We would like to stay with Graco because it will still fit our stroller but are at a loss since there are four different ones now.  Sorry to be brand-specific.  Feel free to talk about others though! :smileyhappy:

Julie Anne

Married my best friend, September 2006

"In His time, In His time.  He makes all things beauti

iVillage Member
In reply to: lilsongbird
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 1:19pm

We went with Graco's SnugRide 30 for my DD (born June 2011).  Since the car seat suited our needs, and isn't expired, we will be using the same one for this LO.  We actually stayed with Graco for the convertible car seat our DD (16 months) is in now....we like Graco. 

Community Leader
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 1:44pm

We got the Graco SnugRide 30 x's 3 :smileyhappy:

Here's the ToysRus link. 

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12319176

DH got them while I was on bedrest for 4 months!  I think he made a good choice :smileyhappy:

Wendy

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 9:45am

When I was looking with dd, I had gotten it down to two car seats.  One was the Graco Snugride 30 and the other was the Chicco Key Fit.  Those had some of the best ratings out there and seemed to be the most popular choices with parents (that I found).  Ultimately, I chose the Chicco Key Fit due to it being more streamlined (less bulky).  As my ds has a convertible seat that needs to fit next to it.  But that would be the one I would recommend - Snugride 30.

Photobucket