33w appt, nst & u/s

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
33w appt, nst & u/s
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 3:59pm
I had my appt on Thursday. Baby boy did great on the nst and was very active. His estimated weight on the u/s was 4# 14oz. Dr said that was 56th percentile. She said he's on track to be no bigger than the low 8s, which is good. DS was 8#11oz, so we would prefer smaller than that.

Dr said due to my gd, I will be induced at 39w, which is 11/7. 5.5 weeks to go at the most. Last time, she stripped my membranes at 39w exactly and DS was born that night. I asked if we could schedule to try that the day prior to the induction and she said yes.
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 6:31pm

I am glad the appointment went well and you are not having any problems with the gd! 

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 8:58pm
That's great that your OB agreed to try stripping the membranes prior to induction. Hopefully that will kick start labor and it will go much easier for you! Glad you had a good appointment!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 10:26pm
Are you on insulin for your GD? I ask because I have been diagnosed with GD, but not on insulin and my doctor hasn't said anything about inducing early. I guess probably because I go early anyway, but this time I am hoping to go over if it's healthy for baby. I never thought of needing to go before EDD (which is 11/14, sounds like the same as you).

Do you have your NSTs weekly? I have been. We've done it twice now. My next is on Monday.
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers