New and yet not new

iVillage Member
New and yet not new
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 8:05pm

Hi. I'm new to the board, or at least I haven't been on the board in a long time. I've been off and on since 2005 or 2006, previously under the name Dee. I can't remember any of my old log-in information so here I am, new name and new email; same old story.

We've paid off debt time and time again; but, this time I feel we need to get serious. DH is fast approaching retirement and work for me is never a guarantee. I get a contract (usually) every spring. Sometimes it's full-time, sometimes not.

I plan to at least do the monthly goals but also will try to do the weekly accountability. I really think that's what I need right now.

I am really looking forward to spending more time here!

Didi

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-25-2012 - 7:14pm

Hi Dee, I think I remember you from way back in 2005-2006. I too have been on and off the board, and am back agin to get $9,200 off of muy debt list. I have more debt than that but have to tackle one at a time. Welcome back and we can do this together - again.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 6:24pm
Looks like you've made things work, based upon your ticker! You seem to be doing more than "bumbling along" :smileyhappy:.

Are you more ready for retirement then?
Didi
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 6:22pm
Thanks for the welcome, Michele! That sound like just what I will do as well. I think it will take a little tweaking to figure this out.
Didi
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 3:39pm

Welcome Back!!

I joined a year ago for much of what brings you back, my husband just turned 50, and we weren't anywhere near ready for retirment, and my job went away on me.

I learned so much here.  

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you!

Community Leader
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 11:31am
Welcome back!
Serenity
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 7:07am

These are all good questions and things I think about a lot. Most things that I come up with sound more like excuses, and I guess that's what they are. I never thought I was a big shopper or prone to the struggles of instant-gratification; but, I haven't been very good at planning ahead. I think this is much bigger than a financial issue. I need to get back to a simple life: meditation, yoga, reflection all come into play. I should buy a journal to keep track of my thoughts and plans and keep myself on track. If I can get a clear picture of where I want to be in one year, in five years, in ten years, then I think I can ask myself if what I'm doing supports where I want to be in a year.

I am working on my plan! Hope to post to the October goals later today :smileyhappy:.

Didi