34 week appointment

iVillage Member
34 week appointment
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 9:09pm

Went for my 34 week appointment and follow-up u/s yesterday and all was great! Baby still has an area of echogenic bowel, but the midwife wasn't concerned since it hasn't gotten any worse and there is no dilation or extra fluid, which would indicate an obstruction. So she said that we won't worry about following up on it again, will just document that it was there and let the pediatrician know, in the event that she has any bowel issues after birth. She was measuring right on target, with an estimated weight of 5 lbs, 4 ounces, which they said was in the 50th percentile. And she is still head down and hopefully will stay that way! Blood pressure was still good, along with everything else, so it was a pretty uneventful appointment (the best kind!).

I go back in a week and a half, then we'll be down to weekly appointments after that. I can't believe it's getting so close for all of us! I can't wait to start seeing pictures in just a few weeks of all of our sweet little ones!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 8:55am
So glad to hear that all went well. They will all be here soon. :smileyhappy:
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 10:21pm
Sounds like a great appointment! That's nice that you were able to have another u/s. Hopefully the bowel thing is nothing.
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 9:22pm
Good news!
It is hard to believe that the first November babies could start arriving anytime, October babies started mid September I think and I saw a post listing nearly a dozen of them that have been born to date an October hasn't even started yet!
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!