What is your least favourite task / chore right now?

iVillage Member
What is your least favourite task / chore right now?
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 9:27pm

Mine is anything that requires you to be close or have a working waist. My first choice is emptying laundry from the washer an putting it in the dryer because I can't get close enough to reach my arm all the way to the bottom and bending at the hips doesn't help you get to the bottom of the washer either. So my plan has been to try to schedule my loads of laundry so that I can ask dh to 'lend me his waist' to switch the clothes over - LOL!

I never thought I would miss my waist so much, I promise I will appreciate it for at least a week after I regain use of it :smileyvery-happy:

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
My least favorite chore right now is anything causing me to bend over and pick things up all the floor. I keep calling for my kids to do it. I have felt so crummy most of the pregnancy that it feels nice to be out of bed and accomplishing housework,really. I am in full nesting mode. Today I cleaned out the closet that I keep extra bathroom supplies and sheets/blankets in. I am making a huge shopping list to stock up on things that I am runny low on. I am definitely looking forward to after baby and being able to have a more functioning body again!
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
I second bending at the waist. With a 3, soon to be 4 year old, there is always stuff on the floor. I ask her to pick up her toys constantly. She is okay with it for the most part, but the days she's not as cooperative are tough. She's also been spilling stuff on the floor lately. She will try to "clean it up", but it always requires a last wipe up by mom because she still doesn't have it perfected.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Cleaning the bathroom. It's comical. And so uncomfortable. I paid my 12 year old $10 do clean around the toilets and tubs yesterday. If he does the bathtubs and shower today, he'll get another $5. We have three bathrooms and our master bath is enormous. I'll gladly spend $15 a week for someone to do this chore.
OH, and unloading the dishwasher!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Can I say all of the above? Naturally, trying to bend at the waist is a bit comical at this point. Laundry is my least favorite since I have to drag it to the laundromat (luckily it's only about a block away). But at least these days each load has clean baby clothes to look forward to folding and putting away.

Julie - eagerly awaiting DH's homecoming & the arrival of our first DS, due 11/29/12

iVillage Member
Hehe, beachball waists are a challenge! I often find myself bending to pick something up off the floor and it takes 3 or 4 reaches before I can actually pick it up without sitting down (which i often resort to).
My oldest keeps telling me to close my knees while i'm sitting and I have to keep explaining that I can't physically do it
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Picking up the toys on the floor, and giving my 19 month old and 2.5 year old a bath. I reserve all baths now for DH just because they are so painful/hard for me to do.
Photobucket