Grey's Anatomy Season 9 premiere

iVillage Member
Grey's Anatomy Season 9 premiere
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 2:51am

Anyone still watching?  So we knew Mark was going to leave the show, but I was surprised they wrapped his character in the first episode.

What really blew me away was

Spoiler (Highlight to read)
Arizona being an amputee!!!!!!  I knew her leg was injured in the finale, but I didn't think she'd lose it!  And Callie had to remove it?  Doesn't that violate some kind of ethics with them being married?  I wonder if this is the start of her character being phased out or if she'll return to the hospital.  I love the Callie and Arizona storyline and would be really bummed to see it end.
Arizona being an amputee!!!!!!  I knew her leg was injured in the finale, but I didn't think she'd lose it!  And Callie had to remove it?  Doesn't that violate some kind of ethics with them being married?  I wonder if this is the start of her character being phased out or if she'll return to the hospital.  I love the Callie and Arizona storyline and would be really bummed to see it end.

I'm also not clear on what's going on with Christina and Owen. 

So she went to Minnesota and clearly hates it, I get that.  But are they still married?  Are they talking?  Are they trying to work it out?  Are they divorced or divorcing?  I so thought Owen was going after her, but then he visits April.  He did have a point about not teaching her as he should have.  He pretty much treated her like support staff instead of really encouraging her to be a doctor, so hopefully she'll come back and get a much deserved do over.
So she went to Minnesota and clearly hates it, I get that.  But are they still married?  Are they talking?  Are they trying to work it out?  Are they divorced or divorcing?  I so thought Owen was going after her, but then he visits April.  He did have a point about not teaching her as he should have.  He pretty much treated her like support staff instead of really encouraging her to be a doctor, so hopefully she'll come back and get a much deserved do over.

And once again Alex proved he does have a heart. 

Even Johns Hopkins couldn't steal him away.  He'll make a great peds surgeon, he just needs to quit schtupping all the interns.
Even Johns Hopkins couldn't steal him away.  He'll make a great peds surgeon, he just needs to quit schtupping all the interns.

Meredith and Derrick are still really really annoying.  Avery is still more of a background character, but hopefully that will change.  Bailey is still hysterical and the Chief is still the Chief.

Follow me to Coping with Job Loss

Follow me to Birth Control

--------
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 10:28am

From what I have read, the show will pick up as the season goes.  Supposedly the show is going to be more about romance this season.  It does seem lacking right now, but they are trying to give us an idea of where everyone from the crash is.

Powered by CGISpy.com
Mom to furangel, Chelse
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 1:18am

So now that I've seen the 2nd episode things make more sense.  I was most surprised by

how Christina dealt with the crash.  That whole reactive psychosis thing?  Omg.  Then again she was up for 4 days trying to keep everyone alive and Lexie from being eaten.  That had to be traumatic and in a way it was perfect that she's married to Owen because he can understand that kind of trauma with his military background.  I still feel like we got no resolution to their relationship.  She ran off to Minnesota, but are they going to stay together?  Are they even talking?  Still too many loose ends there.
how Christina dealt with the crash.  That whole reactive psychosis thing?  Omg.  Then again she was up for 4 days trying to keep everyone alive and Lexie from being eaten.  That had to be traumatic and in a way it was perfect that she's married to Owen because he can understand that kind of trauma with his military background.  I still feel like we got no resolution to their relationship.  She ran off to Minnesota, but are they going to stay together?  Are they even talking?  Still too many loose ends there.

And now I totally get why Alex wasn't on the plane.  I forgot that

he technically quit to go to Hopkins and that was why Arizona went in his place.  Her reaction to all of that really startling.  She's always the happy-go-lucky type that it was weird to see her full of so much rage.
he technically quit to go to Hopkins and that was why Arizona went in his place.  Her reaction to all of that really startling.  She's always the happy-go-lucky type that it was weird to see her full of so much rage.

As for April I don't understand why she had to go home.  Aren't there other things she could do with her degree and skills besides be a surgeon?  It seems crazy to just throw in the towel after failing boards (and I'm sure plenty of doctors fail them) and not wanting to try again.

Is it just me or does the show seem like its missing something or someone?  I can't quite put my finger on it.  Sure the show has gone through constant ebbs and flows and character shuffling, but this is the first season that seems not quite right to me.  It's like some crucial element is missing.

--------
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 7:47am
Oh I lot love love bailey! She is such a cutie!

memeu siggy 4-08

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 7:46am
Me toooo I so hated they did is on the frist show and next week will pick up after the crash.

memeu siggy 4-08

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 7:45am
On the Callie and Arizona...I think they asked Callie what to do, she wanted them to save Arizona so take her leg, she isn't cut it off but told them to.

I was happy with Alex, glad he did it!

Also like that Owen went to April, this way her and Avery story line can come on

memeu siggy 4-08

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 2:06pm
Ok now I see. The premiere did feel like I'd missed a few episodes and that was annoying. I get that Shonda Rimes likes to take risks, but sometimes they don't work like this whole backwards thing and the musical episode. Ick.

--------
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 10:26am

I read somewhere that this next epi this week will pick up with days following the crash.  Don't know why they did what they did because it's backwards!!!  So hopefully we will get more info on what really went down and why it is affecting them the way it is now.