what are you reading september 30 - october 6?

iVillage Member
what are you reading september 30 - october 6?
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 7:02am

let us know what you are reading this first week of october.

do you keep a large tbr pile?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 7:04am

i just finished brown eyed girl by lori leger. today i will start a house divided by sydell voeller.

i have a massive book shelf full of tbr books, lol.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 4:51pm

I meant to click on A Spoonful Of Murder by Connie Arcer because it was raining and a new cozy mystery featuring a soup shop seemed appropriate but I'm actually reading Earthly Delights by Kerry Greenwood which was a kindle freebie. It had me confused for a little while because Earthly Delights is a bakery. I'm also still reading Mister Pip by Lloyd Jones. So far it's good but I'm wondering how it will translate to the big screen.

Ellen, I wish that I could manage to whittle my way down to a TBR pile but mine is a bookcase.

Kathie

Kathie

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 7:34am

now i am reading nice girls can win by suzanne m. hurley.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 10:24am

Sunday I finished The Perks of Being a Wallflower, because it's a banned book and it's Banned Books Week. I've read it before, but all I remembered is that I liked it very much and there is a tertiary gay subplot. And, I want to see the movie based on it, made by the author, that's just come out. I recommend it strongly. It's a very good book!

Right now I'm reading the brand new Telegraph Avenue by Michael Chabon, who is one of my favorite writers, usually.

I have a HUUUUUGE tbr pile, shelves, boxes.

Julia

(Last week I reread a book that I read first last fall, that I have no memory of reading. I only knew it was a reread because I'd posted a review of the book of it last fall on Goodreads. And that's all okay, what bugs me is that I bought it twice.)

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 2:16pm

I am currently reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.  I've gotten in the habit of reading books after watching the movies because I always find that the books are better!  If I read the books first and then see the movies, I'm usually disappointed in the movie.  Now I can enjoy the movies first and then enjoy the books even more afterwards!

I am almost finished with the book and I'm thoroughly enjoying it!  I can't wait to read the next one in the series!

D

Let me help you plan your next trip or vacation!http://dmatravel.traverustravel.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 2:44am
I do have a shelf of TBR books, keeps growing too. LOL
I'm reading ICE COLD by Tess Gerritson.... good so far.
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 12:49pm

I finished Love in a Nutshell by Janet Evanovich and Dorien Kelly on Monday.  It was a really nice book.  I read it mostly in one sitting, so I had to have been enjoying it.  I've got a couple of pages of the first Sookie Stackhouse book read.  I'll get more into it this afternoon.

My bookcases are full to the brim.  My bookcase bed is chock full.  I have a small shelving unit of titles I have read in the guest bedroom and I have the bottom of the end table by my chair stacked with unread titles.  I have my library books on top of the same table.  I have several boxes of books that were given to me downstairs.  My TBR list is even more out of control.  The good thing is, I am slowly sifting through all of these.  My library books titles are from my TBR list.  Most of the books I have bought are, too.  I've hit upon the system of 2 library books, kept until due and when they are read, I get in one or two of my books.  Now if I can just keep myself from buying more books, things will get under control eventually.  I found out yesterday, I can not go to the Goodwill shop.  I brought home 5 more books.  Who can resist $1 hardcovers and $.50 paperbacks?  Apparently not me.

Bev

P.S.  In case anyone's interested  the books I found were: Low Country Summer by Dorothea Benton Frank (hard cover), The Book of the Dead by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child (hardcover),  Ghost Moon by Heather Graham (paperback),  The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (paperback), and The Shack by Wm. Paul Young (paperback).  See for $4.50 plus tax, I couldn't have even bought 1 new paperback!  They all look brand new.  I really think I need an intervention, even though I don't think it would help.  Sigh!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 2:18pm

Dee,

In this case I think the books were definitely better than the movies. But, I only saw the Swedish versions of the first two, and not the American version.

The second book in this series was my favorite. Just saying. :-)

Bev

girl in chair
iVillage Member
msdee30 I so enjoyed the entire series. I hope you do too!

HF