I've got a noisy sleeper!

iVillage Member
I've got a noisy sleeper!
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 10:43am

During the night, especially the second half of the night and into the morning, Alby is the noisiest sleeper I have ever met!! He makes a variety of LOUD noises, and kicks his feet around, but doesn't seem to wake up at all. I feel like I'm trying to sleep in a zoo: there's the birdie squeek, the monkey grunts, the elephant cry, and the lion growl, as well as normal "I'm trying to poop" grunt and wimper. I keep thinking he has gas, but when I try to burp him he just falls back to sleep on my shoulder. Any ideas why he's so noisy if it's not gas?? He keeps me awake all night even when he's asleep!!! It's driving me bonkers!

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 1:11pm
My DH and Quinn snore, DH has a deviated septum and I'm reasonably certain that Quinn does as well. I'll be asking the boys' pedi about that on Quinn's 3yr check. So far Sean doesn't snore unless I need to suck his nose out, which is at least twice a day. I do remember with Quinn, when he was around this age, I almost had to quit using the baby monitor because he would keep me up. And I did quit using it when he started sleeping through the night around 5 months.
Photobucket