cervical position and pregnancy

iVillage Member
cervical position and pregnancy
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 12:19pm

Okay... I've read that cp is not a definite sign of pregnancy, but also read it could be a sign! haha

So, is it because your cp can fluctuate all the time, so its position really doesn't matter? Meaning, your cervix can be high and soft after O all the way up until AF?

Or, will your cervix always be high and soft if you are pregnant? (and never low and hard).

I have been tracking my cervix for the past few months after O and it has generally always been easily reachable aka: low with creamy white cm. (and very painful breasts right after O until AF).

This month, cp was reachable after O, but it never went all the way down like it usually does (normally i feel it without barely having to go far). I had some wet, stretchy cm one or two days which i've never had after O before. Meanwhile, my breasts do not hurt which is very rare for me. The past few days, my cervix felt tighter and smaller/shorter than usual and was soft. Yesterday it was high but reachable and creamy cm. This morning, my cp was very high and i could barely reach it. Cm was dry/creamy.

I've also noticed that for the past few days, sometimes i get what looks like flakes of skin in my cm. Has anyone ever had that? (and if so, where is the skin coming "off" from?)

I am ~2 days late but BFN yesterday on a cheap dollar store test.

So now I am wondering if I am truly not pregnant and my AF is just being a witch, what is with all of these unusual changes this cycle when the past EIGHT have all been the same?

:smileysad:

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 1:13pm
Good luck, keep us posted!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 8:58pm

still no sign of af. 17dpo. cd37. i normally have a 33 day cycle. Not feeling as tired today. 

Going to test tomorrow morning. It's my 2-yr wedding anniversary and i am hoping to surprise my dh! :smileyhappy:

Just hope it's a positive!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 2:54pm
I've never been good at reading CP signs, how have the past two days been?