iVillage Member
Oct 1 to 9 Meals and snacks
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 1:19pm

meals

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 12:29pm
ludam wrote:

thursday - eggs, potato; flatbread pizza w/lo chicken meat, salad; bbq pork chop, cole slaw; challah roll, cheese; fruit salad.  For some reason I feel like there was more, but can't think of what it could have been.  Just feel like it wasn't a good eating day, but don't know why.    ....not bad. maybe balance meals with some walks to make you feel better on this.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 12:38pm
ludam wrote:

Hugs, I don't know if you saw my message before.  I was wondering if you could share your BBQ Chili recipe.

Let's see if I can do this by heart, LOL

Cook 2 pounds hamburger meat, drain, put in cp.
Add bottle of chili sauce, onions, brown sugar, worshestire sauce & apple cider vinegar to a bowl.
Stir pour over hamburger meat in cp.  Cook for several hours.
An hour before serving add can of northern beans (rinced) & chili beans, cook for an hour then eat & enjoy :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 1:28pm
ludam wrote:
hugss wrote:
ludam wrote:

Hugs, I don't know if you saw my message before.  I was wondering if you could share your BBQ Chili recipe.

Add bottle of chili sauce (hugs, do you mean bbq sauce, because I don't see it anywhere else in the recipe), onions, brown sugar, worshestire sauce & apple cider vinegar to a bowl.
An hour before serving add can of northern beans (rinced) & chili beans, cook for an hour then eat & enjoy :smileyhappy:

thanks. sounds simple enough.  What are chili beans, though? 

Canned chili beans .. easy to find at the market,
Actually I forgot you need 1/2 cup of bbq sauce & ketchup ..
The chli sauce comes in a bottle ..
If you make it let me know how it turns out :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 1:37pm
ludam wrote:
hugss wrote:
ludam wrote:
hugss wrote:
ludam wrote:

Add bottle of chili sauce (hugs, do you mean bbq sauce, because I don't see it anywhere else in the recipe), onions, brown sugar, worshestire sauce & apple cider vinegar to a bowl.

Canned chili beans .. easy to find at the market, - oh, are they seasone then? NO you should be able to fimnd them by kidney beans.
  I just usually use red kidney
The chli sauce comes in a bottle .. - don't think i've seen it .  I just use tomatoes & seasonings for my chili.
If you can't find it ask someone .. it's a yummy sauce, no need to make your own. 8 oz. 
If you make it let me know how it turns out :smileyhappy: - ok, will do. was thinking of possibly using pork to go w/bbq sauce.  just not sure about it w/beef, but mentioned it to dd & she thinks it's an awesome idea.  I just need a chili that ds might eat so I don't have to make something else for him when we're having chili or try to do it on a day he's not home for dinner.
It called for some kind of shoulder steak or something but that was way expensive so I started using ground beef.
It's hearty, sweet & yummy :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 5:19pm
ludam wrote:
hugss wrote:
ludam wrote:
hugss wrote:
ludam wrote:
hugss wrote:
ludam wrote:

Canned chili beans .. easy to find at the market, - oh, are they seasone then? NO you should be able to fimnd them by kidney beans.
  I just usually use red kidney
The chli sauce comes in a bottle .. - don't think i've seen it .  I just use tomatoes & seasonings for my chili.
If you can't find it ask someone .. it's a yummy sauce, no need to make your own. 8 oz. 
If you make it let me know how it turns out :smileyhappy: - ok, will do. was thinking of possibly using pork to go w/bbq sauce.  just not sure about it w/beef, but mentioned it to dd & she thinks it's an awesome idea.  I just need a chili that ds might eat so I don't have to make something else for him when we're having chili or try to do it on a day he's not home for dinner.
It called for some kind of shoulder steak or something but that was way expensive so I started using ground beef.
It's hearty, sweet & yummy :smileyhappy:

I just googled & it seems that Heinz makes chili sauce.  It's probably by ketchup.  Yeah, I always make my own & it's good, too.  this sounds so much simpler. Will have to check out ingredients & possibly get some. Yeah, steak would be too expensive for chili, although I've seen a lot of recipes using cut up beef, not ground.  Should be yummy, too.

I googled bbq chili recipes & it seems there are a few out there (why didn't I ever hear of them?).  There was one using pulled pork & one w/pulled beef being added to ground beef.  So many yummy possibilities.  You've got me going in a different direction, hugs.  This might just work.  lol :smileyhappy:

Yes it is by Heintz,
Am sure there are many out there.
We love this one & always enough for lo's since we have garlic bread with it.
Let me know how you like it :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 12:27am

Hi group! Reporting in from Branson, MO!! It's too cold here tonight!! I sure do miss summer!! I like the cooler days, but do not like being ~~cold~~!! Haven't looked at the weather report for tomorrow, but it will be a bit warmer during the daytime.

We went to a BBQ restaurant for dinner tonight..OMG..was that ever good!!

B) 1/2 sliced egg ww sandwich, orange

L) Restaurant..3 mini sweet potato pancakes with no butter & sugar free syrup, 1 egg, 3 small thin bacon slices

D) 1/3 of a 1/2 slab of bbq ribs, 1/3 of cole slaw, 1/3 of bbq beans

Snack) banana

One night after running around all day we can reheat and split the left over bbq dinner that I took back to our condo and is in the fridge! Nice getting 3 meals out of it!! No way to count calories today, so I'll see what my scale reads in the morning. Yes, I did take my bathroom scale with me!! I do not want to gain weight!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 6:45am
hugss wrote:
Looks good Julie,
Yum on the egg salad too <g>
not bad with the mini ice cream bar.
Hope you do well this weekend :smileyhappy:
Thank you! Egg salad is always good and I'm loving the mini ice cream bars. We now have the twix and snickers flavors. They are like bite sized candy bars, only they are ice cream. Do you have them? I first had them in Denver a couple years ago and have just started seeing them here. We also have 100 calorie klondikes now. Just enough to take the edge off without going overboard. Hope you have a good weekend as well.....
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 6:50am
hugss wrote:
Thanks Julkie,
While yes basically maintaining .. wouldn't mind to drop 5 or so but we'll see :smileyhappy:
OK, you are like me then. I'm comfortable at my 127 but would like to be 120 again... Like you said, we'll see.
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 6:54am
hugss wrote:
I agree about more calories in day than at evening/night too :smileyhappy:
I know for me, if I eat the majority of my calories early and don't snack after Dinner, I do much better.
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 6:55am
sweetrose007x wrote:
stayingfit67 wrote:
Thursday: Good day! Breakfast: oatmeal, melon. Lunch: 1/2 egg salad sandwich, grapes. Dinner: Chicken, rice, carrots/ green beans. Snacks: banana, yogurt, mini 90 calorie ice cream bar.      I agree with Hugs good meal

Thanks Aileen. I'm trying:smileyhappy:

Pages