Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Elyse

Em

Emmy

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Erica

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Grace

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Jessica

Kate

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Katie

Katja

Kelly

Liz

Lora

Mari

Molly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Morgan

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Ruby

Ruth

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sandy

Sara

Sarah

babies

babybaby

Suzie

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 9:31am
Just wanted to update here -- we saw a heartbeat, yolk sac and teensy little embryo on the ultrasound! Everything looked perfect! We are relieved and ready to feel excited and happy about this little May baby! Thanks for all the support and kind words! :smileyhappy:

(Also, if anyone wants to read my blog here's the address: http://ellamybabylove.blogspot.com/ I'll warn you that I can get a bit dramatic and sappy at times!!)

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 10:55am

Name/SO's Name: Jessica & Mike

Children's names and ages: Gabriella 2yo

Any new milestones or fun stories:Gabby is in her big girl bed. She has been there for about a week now and doing really well. She is pretty much sleeping 10 to 11 or so hours every night. She doesn't get out of bed until we get up there and at nap time the other day she got out of bed but she stood on her carpet & said "Mama open door" over and over again! Because her teachers have taught her only teachers open doors.

What are you looking forward to this month: Finalizing our house - hopefully!

Just for fun: Favorite fall dish? Pumpkin pie. I might even make some this week....

A little more update - Gabby is doing great at school. She is learning so much and repeating EVERYTHING we say. We call her our little mockingjay (from the hunger games) because she repeats so much. We are starting potty training but she really isn't telling us when she goes so I am not sure what to do about that.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 11:02am

Ella - I posted on your blog but I wanted to say that I am so excited for you!!! HUGS!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 5:24pm
Ella I loved your blog post and I am so so happy for you. I totally get that 100% :smileysad:

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 7:15pm

Name/SO's Name: Alison & Fred

Children's names and ages: Jonah, 14 months

Any new milestones or fun stories: As is typical with first children, everything he does is fun for me! He is so close to walking, but crawls so fast that he'd have to slow down to walk. I think it'll happen sometime this month, but we're just waiting on him. He has a few words and is starting to use "yea" more than "no" even though him shaking his head no is so very cute! I've started a new blog to talk about mothering and mothering a boy specifically... www.myadventureswithbug.blogspot.com

What are you looking forward to this month: cooler temps and Halloween/Fall Festivals

Just for fun: Favorite fall dish? caramel apple pie! I have this super simple recipe that is just plain yummy, can't wait to make it... though I did find a "just for 2" recipe on pinterest that is a caramal apple crisp that I've been making for DH and I after J goes to bed. I've been a real apple kick lately!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 8:12am

Name/SO's Name:  Suzie and Joe

Children's names and ages:  Grey, 2.5

Any new milestones or fun stories:  Grey is such a joy.  I have so many moments lately where I think to myself, how cool is this age?  Everyday he says something that surprises me.  His vocabulary is amazing- he correctly uses words like 'actually' and 'eventually.'  We recently got a membership to the children's museum and after our first visit, he had a rough time going down for nap.  He told me as we laid there, "Mommy, I'm just too excited to sleep.  We should go back to the museum." 

What are you looking forward to this month:  First u/s to see baby #2 on 10/17, my first 5K run on 10/20 and Halloween!

Just for fun: Favorite fall dish?  Soup!  I can't wait for it to get cool so I can start making soup!  Gosh, I LOVE it.  :smileyhappy:

Alyssa- What a sweet story about Evan.  Its great to see so much empathy at such a young age.  How special!

Alison- I may NEED that caramel apple crisp for two recipe... :smileyvery-happy:  Will you PM me or post it?

Katie- How cute that Z wants you to show some teddy bear love.  That's adorable.

Amy- Yay for moving into the new place!  So glad you love it.

-Suzie :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 10:36am

Suzie, here's that recipe, I figured I'd just go ahead and post it in the thread in case anyone else wanted to try it!

Caramel Apple Crisp for Two
Ingredients:
1 medium/large apple, peeled and sliced
2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoon butter
4 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 to 2 heaping tablespoons caramel sauce (I used our ice cream topping kind... Smucker's I think)
 Ice Cream (optional)

Directions:
Place apple slices in two small, ramekins.  Pour Caramel topping over the apples ('ve never actually measured this out myself, I just pour until it looks covered and is running into the apples).  In a bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add oats and cinnamon.  Pile over apple slices and caramel - I pat mine down a little.

Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until tender. Serve with ice cream if desired. I never eat desserts a la mode - but this one I always do - the creaminess of the ice cream is just too yummy!

I will say that this doubles well. I made it as dessert for a couple of friends we had to dinner the other night. Also, I put my ramekins on a baking sheet in the oven because the caramel sauce tends to bubble out... hmmm, maybe I'm putting too muich caramel? Nah, no such thing!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 11:18am

Name/SO's Name: Andi & DH

Children's names and ages: Elia & Juliette (16 months this week/14 adjusted)

Any new milestones or fun stories: Juliette is taking steps and standing on her own now. Elia has about 15 words she uses, but her favorites are "outside" and "sistee" (sister). She added "car" and "wall" (which sounds more like "wool" the way she says it) this week. They scooch everywhere and I frequently hear them laughing and screeching hysterically, and find them "chasing" each other around the house. God help us when they are running on their feet in circles EVERYWHERE. :smileywink:

What are you looking forward to this month: Spending a day at the apple orchards

Just for fun: Favorite fall dish? I would have to go with anything pumpkin. I always love when starbucks brings back their pumpkin spice latte for the Fall holidays. :smileywink:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 4:56pm

Alison- How exciting!  Maybe he'll be walking by halloween!  And that recipe sounds very good!  I'll have to see how it does making it safe for Z.

Suzie- How exciting for your u/s!

Andi- The girls sound too cute and smart!!

AFM: Zaydren is such a curious guy.  Likes to check everything out, see what its called, and has concepts of things/some shapes.  He has his set words though.  He says some words super clear, and even will catch me off guard with some sentences.  Its crazy.  Other day said "well thats that."  Umm what?  LOL!