Pregnancy Chat - October

iVillage Member
Pregnancy Chat - October
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 8:24pm

Please let me know if your info needs to be updated! ~Jessica

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liz - October 9th, 2012 - TEAM GREEN!

Jamie - October 9th, 2012 - TEAM BLUE!

baby

Sara - October 22nd, 2012 - TEAM BLUE!

pregnant

Adrienne - November 7th, 2012 - TEAM BLUE!

pregnancy

Cheryl- November 9th, 2012 - TEAM BLUE!

pregnancy

Jessica - November 17th, 2012 - TEAM PINK!

pregnancy

Jules - November 24th, 2012 - TEAM PINK!

pregnancy due date

Em - November 26th, 2012- TEAM PINK!

babies

Shawn - November 29th, 2012 - TEAM PINK!

pregnancy

Sandy - March 23rd, 2013 - TEAM YELLOW!

pregnancy calendar

Cassie/CJ (cassiejune) - March 29th, 2013 - TEAM YELLOW!

pregnancy week by week

Ruby - April 13th, 2013 - TEAM YELLOW!

pregnancy

Erin/"E" - April 15th, 2013 - TEAM YELLOW!

babies

Ella - May 21st, 2013 - TEAM YELLOW! 

pregnancy

Suzie - May 29th, 2013 - TEAM YELLOW!

pregnancy calendar

Mandy - June 2nd, 2013 - TEAM YELLOW!

pregnant

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 5:19pm
I got some pieces today from a girl on Craig's list. Also the one goodwill is supposed to be good where all the rich people live. Dh and I are going out tonight our church groups are having a social. Unfortunately I will be the only sober one. But will be fun and also got some non alcoholic wine. It's not really a date night but a nice night out without David.

David Nicholas 12/5/09
Expecting a GIRL 3/23/13

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 8:06pm
I would call that a date night, Sandy! I hope you have fun.

(I had to edit my post above. I meant I could NOT afford a big maternity wardrobe. Oops.)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 1:47am

Has anyone heard from Jamie? Just noticed she's due tomorrow.

Sandy - I second Erica's suggestion about Target. I bought a number of cute maternity tops and pants there without breaking the bank. I remember ordering a few pieces from Old Navy online as well as my brick-n-mortar location didn't carry maternity clothes. I was also constantly hot while PG, even in winter, so I would often wear short sleeve shirts with a sweater. That way you wouldn't have to worry about buying all long-sleeve tops.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 10:34am

Christine- Here is what Jamie posted on the WTTG Facebook Group,

:Hey guys - real quick update, I'll post more when I can. William Kurt  (Will) came early on Saturday, 9/29. He was 6lbs 8oz and 20.5 in long. Went into labor on Friday, early morning. I had complications with my blood pressure being high, but was able to deliver vaginally. Hope everyone is well!"

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 3:18pm
Oh that's wonderful!! Congrats Jamie and Donny!!

Thanks for the update Cheryl! :-)

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 12:59pm

Hey ladies, so I had my weekly appointment/biophysical yesterday. Again all is great with the baby girl. Next monday they are doing a weight check on her and then at the end of the week I have an appointment with a new OB. The last OB isn't there anymore and my MW figures I should meet with one in case I need one.Plus she and this OB are on call the same day.

SHe is recommending an induction at 39 weeks...DH is scared about this and just wants her to come on her own. I am a little indifferent on it....I could go either way. I guess because I was sort of induced last time I figure I can handle it no problem. but at the same time I know I shouldn't be so laxidasical about it you know?? I am going to talk to the OB about the pros' and con's to inductions and to waiting...and then do the same thing on Monday when I meet with my MW. I told DH he could come if wanted to so he could ask questions.

We are not doing so great emotionally with each other this week with everything that is going on, and now this. Plus we got the bills for the ultrasounds and they are about 150 per time. luckily we reached our deductible so that's good news.

Anyway I appreciate anyone's advice on this...

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 2:15pm
Hey Jess,

So glad the baby girl is looking good in there! Sorry your week hasn't been the greatest with DH though. That's so hard, especially when you need his support right now in so many ways. I can totally understand why he's wary of induction - he is of course concerned for you and baby girl. Maybe he should come to your appt and ask questions, too?

Here's my two cents, if you're interested... :smileyhappy: I know with GD, there is some evidence of increased negative fetal outcomes when pregnancies go post-dates -- the placenta can age more quickly with GD -- which is why some practices suggest induction for all patients at 39 weeks. But remember that YOU and YOUR baby are unique - every situation is different. Some women with GD will need induction at 39 weeks if certain markers indicate baby would be better on the outside at that point. BUT, as long as your NSTs and BPPs are looking good, baby isn't thought to be too big, and your cervix isn't ripe, there really isn't a great risk to baby in waiting a bit longer, and I'd tell them you'd like to wait until 40 weeks. It really is your decision. Of course if you get farther along and they start to see something concerning on the NSTs or BPPs, then you might need to choose induction, but just take it one day/week at a time. As long as your midwife/OB is checking in on baby diligently (as it sounds like they are), and things look good, then baby might just be better off on the inside for a bit longer!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 3:49pm

THanks Ella - I was trying to tell DH that although they are discussing induction now that it might change before then. I know I need to wait and just see how things go. I really need to not stress about  it as there is nothing that I can do. I suggested he come to my next two appointments (the one with the OB & my MW) so we will see if he plans on that....I think it would help him a lot if he could do that. We are going to discuss more tonight so we will see.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 5:06am
I think it's ok to play it by ear Jess. You don't have to make a decision ahead of time - just see how it goes, like Ella said, with the bpp's and nst's, and how your cervix is ripening at that point in the pregnancy.

With my bp they talked about induction at 37 weeks, then between weeks 38-39. When I hit the 38 week mark and was still doing well, they agreed to wait on the induction thing all together and see how it went. As long as the bp was low, we made no decisions about it and he ended up coming on his own at 38w4d.

Hopefully you have something similar happen!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 11:36am

I agree with Jamie. I was induced with David but I was told I would be induced due to my blood pressure ( I have chronic high blood pressure but it was fine during my pregnancy)  if he didn't come by a certain date. I was due on the 2nd and I went in on the 4th to be induced. Actually it worked out great and I didn't have any problems or issues.

Anyway some good news here. I have an interview with my company in another department tomorrow morning. Tomorrow is techncially my last day since I don't work Fridays. My husband is taking David so I can go out and get some nice interview clothes as I don't really have anything and I want to try to hide the pregnancy while interviewing. I"m not showing enough yet that it's obvious. I will tell once I have a job. Granted my boss knows now since I told her when she told me I was being laid off but I feel like another manger doesn't need to know yet and legally they can't ask you anyway.

David Nicholas 12/5/09
Expecting a GIRL 3/23/13

Pages